Chapter 10: The Celebration

Everyone was enjoying the festivity and there were lots of food spread across the long dining table, lots of wine too. The top class gisaengs were invited in to dance accompanied by the top musicians. All of the cabinet ministers were congratulating my parents with wine.

The 3rd Prince places a slice of duck meat on my plate.

"Here." He smiled.

"Brother! Sister-in-law! Congratulations! Here, let me serve you a cup of wine!" The 9th Prince and the 14th Prince which I later known came over to congratulate us.

"Ahaha, thank you my brothers!" The prince was looking very happy as he downs the cup of wine.

A cheerful looking prince came rushing over with two handkerchiefs folded of a certain shape and stood infront of us. " 3rd brother, 3rd sister-in-law, these are for the both of you! May your marriage life be blissful!" He handed us the handkerchief and with a closer look, it was folded into the shape of a dove.

"How creative." I grinned at the gift.

"Ah so you like it? I knew you would like it!" The boy smiled happily.

"Yes, thank you."

"Thank you Eun." The 3rd Prince was satisfied as well.

"Hyung! Here's to a prosper marriage." Two other princes arrived, they were the 8th prince and the 13th Prince.

"For your gift, I would like to present a song for you." The 13th Prince said and everybody clapped.

He took out his instrument which looked like a flute and started blowing a tune.

Wow...he's so amazing.

Suddenly, I felt the 3rd prince presence closer to me as he whispers, "Are you mesmerized by the 13th Prince?"

"W-what? I just thought it was a nice tune." I said embarrassingly.

He chuckles as he went ahead to grab the wine to drink. As his hands touches the cup, there was a blur vision of the 3rd Prince shooting an arrow towards an old beggar. An old woman's cries rang in my ears disturbingly as she calls out, "Yumi ah!"

I shut my eyes tightly and covered my ears at the sound of her desperate cries. The music instantly stops as the 13th Prince questions, "Do you not like my tune, Princess Hara?"

Everybody turns towards me as I look around confusingly. Fear was displayed on my face and the only one person who could bring me back to reality was Court Lady Oh sitting opposite me.

"O-oh...no...I-I like it." I smiled weakly. Was that scene going to happen? Just like how I saw Princess Yumi and Court Lady Oh?

The 3rd Prince broke the awkward silence with a laugh as he offers wine to everybody. "May Goryeo prospers!"

"May Goryeo prospers!" Everybody said in tune and the festival was carried on just like that.

After the occasion, we went back to our rooms. There were several snacks and a jug of wine readied on the table. The bed was also decorated with red colours to signify good luck and two bowls of rose water were placed in the middle of the floor by the bed.

"Leave us." The 3rd Prince ordered the other servants to leave the room and it was left with the both of us.

He took off his hat and sat by the table, pouring more wine in to his cup. I stood by the side, not knowing to join him or to stand and wait.

The 3rd Prince lifts up his hand and waves for me to go over. I hesitated for a while before timidly took a step forward.

"Sit down." He says it in an order tone.

I followed his instructions, afraid that he might do something to me if I disobey him, what more he was rumoured as a fearful person. He places his arms around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. The stench of wine wafts in to my nose and I turned away reflexively.

"What? Do you hate me that much?" He spats.

Oh my god, he's drunk. What should I do?

"Look at me!" He raises his voice in my ears and I shut my eyes. He cups my cheek and forcefully turn my head to look at him.

Holy cow, he really is handsome. I mustn't get too worked up by his actions.

He started chuckle as my expressions betrayed the tough look I wanted to portray.

"Woman...woman...all they want is the status of being my Queen. Including you."

I stood very still, not wanting to entertain him as he may go insane. I was petrified and I could feel my eyes turns teary.

"Fine, I shall make you my queen." He laughs as he forcefully kisses my lips, down my neck. His hands reaching for my ribbon of my hanbok as he unties it.

"Ah!" I yelped as he laughs and hugs me closer.

A searing pain shots up on my shoulder as I realised he had bitten it.

"Y-you crazy man!" Unable to stand this, I pushed him as far as I could and he went toppling over the chair. His back hitting against the bed.

Uh oh.

"Why you little!" He threatens with his death stare.

My body trembles and I wanted to run but my legs don't listen to me. The 3rd Prince collided towards me and chokes on my neck as I fell from the chair. His eyes were glaring fiercely at me as he laughs evilly.

"Hahaha, so you like being treated this way huh? You stupid woman! I shall grant you your death wish!"

H-help...s-someone!

I hold on to both of his wrists, attempting to take it off my neck. However, he was too strong for me to handle and I felt my vision turning black. Just at the moment when I thought I was going to pass out, he released his hands and I coughed loudly.

I gasped for breath as he laughs amusingly. "You really think I would bed a filthy woman like you? Never in your entire life! HAHAHAHA!"

"C-crazy bastard..." I managed to cough out.

Suddenly, he rages over and grabs my hair and pulled it backwards. He threatens in my ears, "Listen you, if you disobey any of my orders, I will kill your parents." He lets go of my hair roughly and my face nearly hitting the floor.

The 3rd Prince stood up and left the room disgusted as I cried sprawling on the cold ground.

What a scary person. What a crazy person. Why didn't he just killed me there and then so that I could return back to 2015?