ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ (01)

English: bold text

Korean: bold and italic

Text: bold and underline

TO SEOUL WE GO!!!

[HOSEOK]

Two years have gone by since my baby girl Tyla was born, and to be honest she is my pride and joy. My mom, which is unbelievable has done a total 180.

You could never have imagined that when she first found out that I was having a child, she was very upset but to know it was a black female it took it to a whole another level.

As soon as I sent her the pictures of what Tyla looked like, she hopped on the earliest flight out to Charlotte.

Who would have known a child could change someone, and for that someone to be my very own mother.

My mother stayed with Sami the first year after having Tyla by helping her with anything that she needed.

She did the cooking, cleaning, teaching them how to speak Korean and any other errands that Sami needed to have done, my mom was there to help, maybe a little too much.

She even taught Sami how to cook Korean dishes as well. I think deeply that was prepping Sami for something else if I didn't know any better.

But to my mom's delight and Sami wanted to pound her head against the wall due to my mother kind of overstaying her welcome a little bit too long.

Through the little bit of Hangul that she knew, Sami called and begged me to have my mom leave.

Truthfully, I was kneeled over, laughing hysterically at her accent while she fussing that this wasn't funny. I wiped away my tears as I told her that I would get in touch with my cousin.

She finally calmed down, happy that I was going to reach out to Tim to resolve our little situation with my mom.  Right after, she thanked me and hung up on me.

I continued to laugh while dialing Tim and asking him to help Sami out. He let out an annoying sigh as he was now a part of our family issue once again but, at last, he gave in and went to Sami's place to retrieve my mom.

When I could, I would try my best to come and see Tyla but sudden work commitments caused me to cancel. Sami understood but I didn't think that Tyla did so much.

Tyla was two years old, a crossed the ocean, far away from her daddy.

Tyla and I would do video chat when I could get the chance. And often she would ask me the same repeated question I hated to answer since I couldn't give her an actual answer.

"Are you coming to see me, appa?" Tyla would ask me.

What could I say or do but only smile and state soon, but then more questions would come about from her.

Pretty soon, Sami would have to hurry up and end the chat before I could see Tyla's tears start to fall down her face.

But one day I was actually very happy, extremely happy. Sami and Tyla were coming to South Korea to see me. I was over the moon and couldn't wait to see Tyla up close.

"-Hyung....you will be there to pick them up, right?" I asked my cousin Tim

He let out a frustrated grunt before answering. "Yes, Hoseok. Didn't I say that I am?"