Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

0 | jian

Her smile killed her

Jian Li was just there to hang out with his friends from his department as usual, and maybe, down a few drinks before he got wasted—not too wasted because he wanted to keep some charisma for the girls. Nothing strange, nothing extraordinary.

When he took a sip from his drink, his eyes flickered on the girls Matt pointed at. "They're from our campus," Matt had said laughingly, "I saw the blonde one around." He looked a bit more carefully at them. There were three girls, laughing and when he stared enough, one of them looked back with a wide grin.

Her smile was beautiful, Jian initially thought. He missed people who smiled genuinely, without much calculation. She was exactly doing that, smiling like there was no tomorrow. She was above average, with her long legs and slightly tanned skin. Her hair was almost black, a sharp contrast to his usual taste. He liked blonde.

In minutes, the glances turned into a game. The longer he stared the longer she did, and vice versa. Both of them were keen to keep their eyes on each other and not be the one who chickened out first. If possible, they didn't even blink. Jian smiled, it was going to be a busy night.

Her body was fit, especially her legs. The way her black mini skirt wrapped her tights accentuated her features even more. She was fierce, by the way she looked at Jian, and absolutely sexy. Especially, her smile. Oh God, Jian wanted her to smile all night—and he also wondered how his name would come out of her mouth, now covered by a red lipstick, and soon, would be covered by his lips.

He was too sure of himself.

He lost the game, when Matt nudged his arm, he turned his head. "You already got one, yeah?" He laughed and Jian nodded, his lips tilting at his sides knowingly. He was happy tonight. "She's still looking at you, dude. Go introduce yourself."

So, by the push of his friend, he found himself walking towards the girl. When she noticed he was coming towards her, she frowned. Jian Li was famous around the campus and he actually didn't need to introduce himself. But just a procedure—he had to make the first move, right?

Her friends also freaked out when he reached them, and greeted him with wide grins. Unlike that girl's, their grins didn't interest him. They were too fake for his taste. He wasn't a man of words; he didn't talk much. He definitely didn't use excessive words to describe his feelings. Truth be told, he didn't feel much.

Not any girls managed to make his heart beat after a nightstand—in the morning, it was all gone. He just felt tired. He knew this wasn't any different from others. She had a smile that made him interested, so what? That may have been alcohol's doing.

He leaned to her ear, after pushing her hair back, and whispered, "Hi." It was a simple word, but whenever the girls heard him say that, they giggled. Now, it was no exception and he really had a long time to test this. Girls were weird creatures and liked weird things.