CHAPTER 24

ZAID' S P.O.V

-at the hospital-

" how is she now?" I ask the doctor who just came out of the operation room. I was anxious to know that she was fine and to hear her voice. The Doctor gives me a small smile.

" she is out of the danger zone now, but she is still asleep and it might take her few hours to wake up...the wound was deep and if you would have been a little late to bringing her here then there would have been some sever consequences," the doctor pats me on the shoulder.

"May I go in and see her?" I ask. The Doctor nods and walks away. I slowly walk toward the door and open it as quietly as I could.

She was there, laying on the bed with a peaceful look on her face. She looked beautiful even though there was a hint of pain and tiredness on her face. I sit down on the chair that was next to the bed and watch her chest raise and fall. With out knowing it, I take her hand in mine.

"Your stupid, you know that right? " I talk to her even though I know she is not listening. "You make everything so complicated but yet you are the best thing that ever happened in my life...you where there for me even though you know me for only few months...the job that my parents were supposed to do my whole life...you did it in just few months...for the first time ever, I felt like...like there is actually a place in someones heart for me...,"

I watch her for few minutes. I had the urge to touch her soft cheeks and feel her lips but I control myself.

Can you say that you don't love her ZAID?

I can't love her.

You can't but you do.

I can't and I don't want to...i don't want to hurt her when we divorce in few months.

Just then, a nurse comes in, breaking my conversation with myself

" excuse me sir...i have to check her now...do you mind steping out for awhile?" She asks. I walk out of the room, giving Nadia one last look.

Nadia's P.O.V

I open my eyes and my vision slowly returns to me. My head is pounding so hard I thought I was going to pass out.

"Don't try to get up...Your going to hurt yourself again," someone says as they gently push me back down on the bed. Zaid's face was only few inches away from mine. I watch him as he moves away and takes the blanket for the end of the bed and covers me with it.

"Are you ok?...you didn't get hurt from-"

"I am not the one on the hospital bed now am i?" He says with out looking at me. He was pouring water in to a cup.

"But-" he cuts me off again.

"Just shut up and drink this water," he says handing it to me.

"Damn did No one ever teach you how to treat a sick person...rude ass jerk," I whisper to myself.

"Did you say something?"

" I was saying, what if you mixed something in this drink," I say, narrowing my eyes at him. He rolls his eyes at me.

" if I wanted to kill you I could have just left you to die at that aquarium,"

" makes sense," I take a huge gulp since my throat was dry anyway. I start coughing. Zaid comes next to me in a second and put one hand on my back, and takes the water cup from me with the other one.

"Are you ok?...do you not know how to drink water?" He was softly patting my back and I calm down a little. I look at him to see a worried face. When he notices that I was looking at him he quickly turns away.

" I am going to go call the doctor, wait here," he says and get up to leave.

"Sometimes I can't understand you," I say and he looks at me.

"What?" He pauses. "Anyway just rest and I will be right back," he changes the subject.

"No" I grab his hand and he looks at me surprised. "Stay please," I say quickly letting go. He nods after few minutes and sits down again. I relax and close my eyes again and before I knew it, sleep took over me again.

ZAID'S P.O.V

I am sorry, but I have to keep my guard up. I am sorry but I have to treat you like you mean nothing to me. I am really sorry...i won't let myself fall for you.

***************
Hello people...i am so sorry I haven't updated in months I was so busy...hope you guys enjoy this chapter and let me know if u liked it. Thanks