LJ10 - Part 24

I slowly started waking up the next morning. In fact, I had been awake a few times during the night and morning. The slight insomnia must have been because of my extensive nap the evening before. While I usually hated not being able to sleep through the night, I didn't mind this time.

Every time I had woken up, I had taken the chance to look at my beautiful girlfriend who seemed to be in a different position every few hours. It was almost amusing to see how much she moved in her sleep. The first time she hadn't faced me but a few hours later, I was awake again and all of a sudden she had been the big spoon behind me which was even more amusing to me.

Now that I was finally awake and ready to get up, she was peacefully lying on her side next to me. I watched her delicate facial features and listened to her breathing. It was starting to sink in that I wasn't going to able to see this for a while after I left. Not even two weeks from now I would be in Orlando. Sighing deeply, I tried to banish those thoughts and enjoy the present. For now I was here with her.

Her thick hair was bundled up in a pony tail but with all that movement on her part, I wasn't surprised that some strands had loosened and were covering part of her face. I lifted my head off the pillow and propped up my elbow so I could rest my face on my hand. My other hand slowly reached forward and brushed the brown hair behind my girlfriend's ear. I knew she wasn't a light sleeper like I was so my touch went unnoticed.

Only using the tip of my fingers, I traced her soft skin. My eyes focused on every small detail as if I wanted to imprint them in my brain. Starting on her temple, my index finger brushed further along her cheek until I reached the jawline and traced the impeccable bone structure. Stopping at her chin, I couldn't help myself anymore and began running my fingers through her hair. It was so soft but still thick and I was aware of how much she enjoyed it when I gently massaged her head.

I knew she would wake up by me doing this but it was getting late so it wasn't a bad thing. Bending down, I kissed her forehead and cheek as she started opening her eyes. The sleepy expression in those big brown orbs was the most adorable thing I had seen in a while. She groaned mildly and obviously didn't mind my affection.

„Good morning, sleepyhead," I whispered while leaving a few more soft kisses on her cheek.

„Morning," the groggy voice replied before she closed her eyes again.

„Not ready to get up?" I asked quietly and smiled. Instead of answering, Camila simply shook her head which made me smile even wider. „I would be exhausted too if I moved as much as you did in your sleep."

„What?" she seemed curious now but kept her eyes shut with her eyebrows furrowing.

„You're doing a workout in your sleep, babe," I exaggerated to tease her. „Your limbs are everywhere and I never know where you are when I wake up. It's always a surprise."

„You're lying," Camila replied but I saw her smiling now.

„No, I'm serious," my answer followed immediately. „And you talk in your sleep."

„You're just messing with me," she didn't seem to believe me fully and I withdrew my hand to stop my head massage. „No, keep doing that," my girlfriend whined and I complied happily.

„Okay, maybe it's not exactly talking but you make some noises while you sleep," I said truthfully.

„Really?"

„Yeah, but it's cute," I let her know.

„It doesn't sound cute at all. Sounds like I'm a messy sleeper," the other brunette giggled and finally opened her eyes. „And it sounds a little creepy that you're watching me sleep."