14| Alex Summers - High School Reunion

"The reader has powers like Scarlet witch and Alex is alive. The only problem is that a few human boys from their old school bully and harass her and Alex sticks up for her."

---

Running your hand through your hair, you were trying to relax. Really, it could not be that bad. It was just a simple reunion with your former high school companions. No big deal really.

Except none of your friends of that time was coming. They may have been the smartest.

Drinking down in one go your cocktail, you got up and gave the money to the bartender.

"Rough night?" He asked you, taking the bill as you straightened your black dress with your hands.

"And it hasn't even started." You muttered.

Grabbing your handbag, you got out of the slightly decrepit bar and walked in direction of the hotel where the evening was to be held.

---

Sighing, you got out of the restroom. Only one more hour and you would go. You went back to your table and tried to talk to the others but to no avail. The topic was still on the fun times they had in high school together and you were feeling very lonely. Sipping at your water, you took a look around the room. Almost everybody was having fun, laughing and chatting cheerfully. You were regretting not to have spent the night with a good book instead.

Plucking up courage, you got up, grabbed your jacket and bag and walked away. There was no need in staying longer; you would get bored just as much. At least, by leaving now, you might still be able to do something productive of your evening.

When you exited the dining hall, you were already feeling better.

On your way to the exit, you came across a group of men talking and laughing loudly and you recognized some of them, including a blond and tall one. Jeremy. You knew it was him. It was not hard to recognize him: he had not changed at all. Plus, considering the amount of time you had spent looking at him in high school, it was not really that hard.

Realizing you were staring, you quickly glanced away and bumped into a waiter coming toward the dining room, his hands carrying a huge tray with what look plates of dessert. When your two bodies crashed into each other, you witnessed, petrified, as the plate fell from his grip.

Subconsciously, you stopped it. Your hands moving almost against your will. You watched yourself stop the fall of the plates and put it back on the tray and finally setting it down on the floor in waves of red.

When you put all of it on the floor, you realized the waiter was staring at you totally stupefied. Lowering your eyes, you walked around him to get out of here as fast as you could before someone realized what had happened.

It was only then that you realized no more laughter was to be heard and when you raised your head, you understood why. The group of men from earlier was now in front of you and they were all staring at you. Some of them were clearly disgusted. Others looked simply uncomfortable.

"Damn, even here, we're not rid of your kind." One of the men said. He had dark hair and you recognized him as one of the basket ball player of your high school. His voice was so full of hatred you felt goose bumps rose on your arms.

"I have to go." You tried to utter with as much confidence as you could, knowing that showing weakness would not help you.

Taking a step forward to leave, you had the slight hope that they would not stop you but it was without taking into account Jeremy, your old crush, who stepped in front of you and stopped you.