Chapter 24; Draining Life, New Life

Chapter 24:

Reese's POV:

A scream woke me up. I suddenly fell off the couch I was sleeping on, and hit the ground with a loud thump. And it was painful might I add.

Another scream echoed through the house as my chest constricted and my heartstrings pulled. Colleen. That's the only thing that was going through my mind.

I followed her scent to a shut door, I opened it in a rush and watched her hollow in pain. She laid down in a crouching position and was painful to see that.

I tried to quickly make my way to her side, but she held up her hand stopping me in my tracks. "No." she muttered In pain.

A confused look took over my face as a groan escaped its self within my lips. "What the hell do you mean by waiting, no!?! Are you going insane or what." I yelled at her, my anger starting to surface.

I quickly made my way to her side and sat beside her on the bed. She tried pushing me away, but I held her wrists bringing her to face my neck. "You haven't rested, you haven't gotten back your life energy, you're going to die. I won't do it." she said her voice straight in as pain hit her. My heart clenched more, hurting. My mate was in pain.

"Listen to me Colleen, okay I'm fine see, I'm not pale anymore, I feel great. Now please just do as your told and bite me." I encouraged her with a lie. I wasn't feeling okay, I felt like an empty vessel, but that didn't matter, what matters is her and only her.

Stubbornly she pushed away, as tears began making their way out of her eyes. "No." she muttered yet again. "your scent is fading." she tried to excuse.

"Colleen listen to me! You're carrying our baby inside of you, and right now that should be your first priority, okay? Don't worry about me, I'll be okay, look I promise, just please, I can't stand seeing you in pain, please?" I pleaded with her. She looked me in the eyes.

"You promise?" she asked in a whisper as she sniffled.

"yes,yes, I promise, now please." and she did, taking her pain away, a sigh of relieve washed over me.

Her canines elongated itself in my neck, as I could feel myself get weaker, but that's okay, she's feeling okay and she isn't in pain anymore. She bit harder as I groaned. This was truly painful, but it didn't matter, as long as she and out baby was fine, even my life didn't matter. Slowly she pulled away from me. My body felt as if I lost all my bones and I was turned into a puddle of slime.

She looked me in the eyes looking for a sign of... Something, but I looked at her as normal as I do. She wiped the tears under her eyes and stared at me for a moment.

"please rest." she whispered. And I smiled nodding at her. I was going to rest and that was not even optional. I fell silent on the bed and my eyes automatically closed and darkness engulfed my weak, helpless and defenseless body. And that truly scared me.

Colleen's POV:

I have to do for it. I have to. I can feel him fading. His scent is fading. His breathing is shallow. My mate was dying and I couldn't stomach the fact that it was I, who was taking him away from the world. I have to find anything and everything I can about my father, even if it means risking my life a bit.

A kick in my stomach made me gasp In shock. Soon Reese was up again, with worry on his face.

"what's the matter, is it happening again." a smile took over my face as I watched Reese's pale face furrow in confusion.

"he kicked." I said to him. Even more confusion clouded his face.

"Who kicked? What is it colleen? Is something happening to you?" he questioned concern laced in his voice.

"Reese! The baby kicked. I felt him kick me." I laughed in joy. A smile broke on his face.

I gasped again as I felt him kick. I giggled and Reese looked so happy. "Can I feel?" he questioned. I nodded lifting my shirt and putting his hand over my tummy.

He rubbed it slowly as a kick came in again. Reese smiled and continued to rub. "I can't wait to see you, I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to hold you. I can't wait to play with you. I can't wait to love you." he said as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

A tear rolled out my eye. I quickly wiped it away and put a smile on my face. "and I'm sure the baby can't wait to meet his or her father." I whispered. And we sat in that position.

I wish everything would be like this forever and always.

******************

Chapter 24 complete.! Yay! Took some time but finally got it done!

Guys you're all being so silent these days! Come on and comment I wanna hear you rant, pant and hate or love! Pleeaaaaaaaaaaase!

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama

Don't forget to check out my book 'To Be The Second.'