>>TwentyOne<<

Adrien's POV

I stood in my room, pacing.

Maybe Marinette was overreacting, right?

But Nino did go a tad bit too far on this.

Especially since he teamed up with Chloe, the only person Marinette despised. Which he knew.

So, was he living a double life?

One day he's the first to stand up for her, the next he teams up with the person who started it.

And that piece of red glass Marinette found-was that Alya's? Or Nino's?

And should I confess myself to Marinette?

I groaned and threw off the gloves. I'm getting tired of all this confusing shit.

I've only been here for a little longer than a month and now all of this comes bombarding on me.

I can't do it, I just can't.

I grabbed the same hoodie I used when I rescued her, and basically the same whole outfit, but this time I made myself a mask out of the fun. I put on the gloves and ran out of the house. My dad was probably in his office working on a new magazine and Nathalie was assisting him.

I grabbed my keys and shut the doors behind me, sprinting towards the garage. Pressing the button on my key chain, the door slowly opened up, showing the cars we owned.

I hopped onto the black, sleek motorcycle that was given to me for my 16th birthday and started its engine. Making sure the gates were open, which they surprisingly were, I rode off into the streets. I expected everything to be empty, it was dark out after all, but I saw one figure at the Love Lock Bridge crying and banging her fist against the fence.(again, correct me if I'm wrong)

Being the concerned person I am, I stopped the motorcycle by the street and parked it. I took off the helmet and walked to see who it was, and right after seeing two pigtails, I knew it was her.

"Princess?"

She was startled and jumped around, but relaxed when she saw me. "Oh, it's you, the Noir dude." She breathed.

"Chat Noir." I corrected. She laughed even though tears were still going down her face. "Right, right, haven't seen you in a few weeks. Going around saving the world, I'm guessing?"

I shook my head. "No, actually. The first time you saw me I was just having a walk to clear my mind, or probably just to clog it up more. The spray paint was so no one would recognize me, since I'm kind of known. Today, same situation. What's bugging you?" I asked after my little explanation. She shook her head. "Everything. Everything's bugging me."

I raised an eyebrow. I knew she and Nino were pretty close, but more sibling wise than anything else. But what other things could it be?

"What do you mean by 'everything'? I'm not trying to intrude, you don't have to explain if you don't want to,"

"No, it's okay. I need someone to spill to anyway." Marinette slid down the fence and hugged her knees. I sat down next to her, close enough that my sleeve touched her sweater.

"Okay, so there are these people at my school. Both of them used to be my best friends. But one of them turned against me for some unknown reason back in middle school, and she took the path to bullying people-mostly me. Then today, I thought the other friend was just going to take revenge jokingly, but apparently he teamed up with my bullier and threw ice down my back. A lot of it. And I looked to him as a brother. Then, you know how everyone has a soulmate? Well, most people?" That's where I tensed but covered it up quickly. I hummed in response for her to go on.