Start The Planning

It was really sweet of him to stay by my side as much as he could when he could and I missed him when he left. Everyone in the House of Quantum knew I was pregnant by now thanks to AJ's big mouth. Now, no one would leave me alone for a minute unless Ryder was with me.

I watched as he drove out of the driveway and faded down the street. I took a deep sigh and turned around only to face Ang, Ryder's sisters, and Nina who all had grins plastered to their pretty faces. "You guys are creeping me out," I said as I slowly slid against the wall and away from them. They watched my every move then ambushed me.

"Look at this place! It's so nice," Cassandra showed me many pictures of the country side full of green trees, barnyard, and open skies.

"No way. The beach is so much better!" Justina cut in as she showed me pictures of an open romantic beach with tan sand, open skies, tidal waves and breeze. And of course, that caught my attention. I grabbed the picture and smiled.

"It does look like a fantasy though but ugh, I don't know." I put the picture down and looked through the rest with excitement. "They all look so great." I chewed on my bottom lip as I went from one location to the next.

"How do you like your dress?" Ang then asks. I lifted up my head to stare at her as her eyes sparkled with ideas. I smiled and shrugged. I opened my mouth but she had put her hand up to stop me. "It will, NOT, be simple."

I shut my mouth and pouted as the girls all around me giggled. "How was your dress Nina?" I asked her.

Nina sighed and looked up to the ceiling with a smile. "It was cinderella like. Light blue, sparkly and puffy but the top part was laced of course so it showed a lot of my goods," she explained as she hugged her girls about making all of us laugh. "But seriously though, it was really beautiful in my eyes. I really did feel like cinderella because I lost my shoe when Louie and I were running down to our car."

I smiled warmly just imagining it. "Then I told Louie to go and get it as he all but took off my other shoe and threw it out the window and said, 'Where you'll be laying down for hours, you won't be needing it'."

"Woo!" Justina hollered as we all followed suit making her blush a deep red and playfully slap us.

I looked down at the pictures and one of them caught my attention. I moved some other pictures aside and grabbed the picture. My eyes roamed the place and instantly, I fell in love. I turned the picture around and showed the girls. "I want this place."

Ang took the picture and you could see how her eyes glazed over. She smiled as tears brimmed her eyes. "This was the place Kamier and I had our wedding," she said as she covered her mouth. "Are you sure?" She asks with happily lit eyes.

I grinned and nodded. "That's the one."

So now here we were, dress shopping the same day the place where I wanted to hold my wedding was picked. We went through many gorgeous and glamorous dresses and all that went through my head was, "This is all too expensive" whereas I knew from Ryder's point was, "I want you to be the center of everyone's attention, mine especially". I mentally roll my eyes at his voice in my head. "Not like I'm not already there," I had thought.

Sighing, I tuned my attention back to the ladies in the room who were going back and forth just looking through the racks of beautiful gowns. I crossed my arms and legs and leaned back in the loveseat I was in, just watching them in silence. "No mom! That dress is way too long. Poor Scarlett is going to trip over that," Cassandra argues as Justina looks at the dress her mother picked out.

"That's so beautiful though! Look at how it sparkles in the light!" Justina goes over and looks over the studs and then runs her hands down the dress. "And the fabric is amazing."

I smiled at how Justina was so drawn into the dress, touching and looking at it like it was the most fragile thing in the world. "What are you majoring in, Justina?" I asked out of the blue due to my curiosity. She looked over at me as her eyes still looked dazed. She gave me a warm smile and her eyes lit up even more. "Fashion Designer. I figured I wanted to be one because I always saw mom wearing dresses and always, I mean, ALWAYS, look gorgeous in them. She could even make a potato bag look amazing. I've even tried it."

I gaped at her then looked to Ang as she was still busying herself by looking at different dresses and arguing with Cassandra about the dress she had just picked out. "Mom's the perfect mannequin whenever I want someone to try my dresses," Justina explains with a small laugh making me smile. Justina goes back to looking at the gowns. Nina soon comes over and plops down next to me with a huff.

"I didn't remember it being this hard to find the perfect gown," she whines as she slumps down and closes her eyes.

"That's because you knew what you wanted. I, on the other hand, wanted simple but Ang doesn't want it that way."

Nina giggles and sits up and turns her body so she was looking straight at me. "She's right about that though, Scarlett. Simple is good but this is your wedding we're talking about. It has to just HAVE to be extraordinary and extravagant. Being married to the oldest son of the Quantum family of their reputation, it has to say, 'Look at me assholes. I'm married to Ryder Quantum'."

I burst out laughing when she finished. "I don't think I need to wear anything that showy considering that everyone know who I am and who I belong to. Who in their right mind would want to take me away from the devil?" I asked as she nodded in agreement.

"I guess it is going to be hard finding the right dress," she then mumbles with a loud sigh. "But ugh! So many to go to. If we don't find it here, we're going to have to find it somewhere else."

"Or," I piped up with a smile. "We have Justina design for me."

We both looked to Justina who just so happened to come walking our way. When she caught our gazes, she slowed down to a halt and looked at us with narrowing eyes. "What? Why are you guys looking at me like that?" She starts to back away when Nina jumps up and grabs her back and sit her down in the middle between myself and Nina.

"I want you to make my dress for me," I said.

Her eyes widen. "What?" She asks out of breath. "Are you serious? I'm just a beginner, I'm not even that experienced. The dress is suppose to be special, Scarlett, and should be professionally done and-"

I slapped my hand over her mouth. "Justina Quantum, I want you to design and make my dress for me. Something so beautiful to match the place where we're going to do the ceremony. Something that is made by you. If you do this, and pass, you will be known as the greatest designer ever who made a dress in a short amount of time."

Her eyes start to glaze over as I remove my hand and smile, taking her hand in mine. "So...will you make my dress for me?" I kept my eyes on her faltering and fluttering ones. You could see the war going on in her beautiful eyes as they go back and forth between mine. Justina then breaths and nods as tears fall from her eyes. "I will. It will be an honor, Scarlett."

I jumped onto her and tackled her into a hug as Nina and I let out an excited scream, joined in my Justina. Ang and Cassandra comes back with our helper and looks at us like we are crazy. It was then that Justina told them what I had requested, and we all cheered in excitement. I grabbed Justina's hands and grinned. "Thank you so much, Justina."

"Oh stop!" she scolds as she strips her hands away to wipe away her tears. "I cannot believe I'm crying over this!"

We all laughed and went in for a group hug. "Your dress will be the best wedding gift ever!"