Chapter 8: She Never Cries, I Shouldn't Either*

"Ah, Stone Fox, checking in?" Ron asked.

"Yes I am, can you do that for me, Ron?" I asked and Ron nodded.

"Yep, you are checked in," Ron said.

"Thanks, Ron and if you want to win some money, I suggest that you bet on me," I said.

"Sure thing," Ron said and I walked to my side of the ring.

"Standing over here at 6'2" and 220 pounds, the Gorilla!" the announcer shouted. Are they announcing height and weight? No way.

"Over here at 5'8" and 140 pounds, Stone Fox!" the announcer said. I am not the biggest fan of having my pounds and height said. Whatever, it just makes me feel better about myself when I beat him. Immediately, I walked up to the ring and pumped my fist in the air.

"You both know the rules," the announcer said and the bell rang signaling the start of the fight.

"I don't think that you would be able to take me on Stone Fox, even though they say that you are undefeated. You probably just took on all the easy guys," the Gorilla said.

"Oh, you think that? Well, why don't we wait and see?" I smirked throwing the first punch at his face. He punched my face back, but luckily I blocked it. He threw his fist at my stomach, which made me stumble back a little bit. I did a roundhouse kick at him causing him to fall down. I then made it my chance to pin him down and started to punch his face. He punched my jaw and I tasted blood. He threw me off him and I landed on my butt. Seconds later, I jumped up and held my stance. He was about to punch me, but I caught his fist mid-air and punched him one last time before he fell to the ground, unconscious. I wiped the blood off of my busted lip.

"And the winner of this match is the one and only Stone Fox!" the announcer shouted grabbing my hand. I jogged down the stairs of the ring and walked into the direction where my car was when I felt a hand go over my mouth and darkness fell upon me.

Guest – Alex's POV:

I walked around the building looking everywhere for Max. I walked where the lockers were and other places in the Iron Fist, but I couldn't find Max anywhere. I then walked back to the car, but no one was there. That is when I panicked. Instinctively, I tried calling Max's cell, but it went straight to voicemail.

"Where is she?" I mumbled aloud. So, I immediately called the one person that could help, Tom.

"Alex? What's up?" Tom asked.

"Max is gone," I said quickly.

"What?" Tom snapped abruptly.

"I don't know, I tried looking for her everywhere and I couldn't find her. I tried calling her and she hasn't answered, it just went to voicemail," I babbled, "I am really scared Tom. What if she got captured? You know that many gangs are after her."

"Come to the gym and we will look for clues," Tom said then sighed.

"Yeah I will be right there," I replied while taking a deep breath and drove to Flex Fitness Gym. My hands were shaking as worries clouded my brain. Max is my best friend and I couldn't lose her. She protects me and she always knows what to do when something goes wrong. I was driving pretty slow making sure that I stayed in control. Knowing Max, she would probably be exceeding the speed limit. I laughed to myself before pulling up in a parking spot in front of the gym. As I jumped out of the car, I saw a worried looking Tom inside.

"Tom," I breathed.

"Alex, let's go," Tom said frantically, "Tanner can you cover for me?"

"Yeah sure boss," Tanner said, "Is there a problem?"