Cнapтer 16

(Ana's POV)

October 5, 2015

"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience. Anyone can say I love you, but not everyone can wait and prove it's true." -famous-quotes.us

__________________

I have been here for fourteen days, 2 hours, 15 minutes and 5 seconds. I think. It's hard to keep track of time without a clock or a window. Jazzy and Marcus were here not five minutes ago. It's time for Jazzy to go to school, and for Marcus to go "help look" for me. All he's really doing is steering them away. I've tried to be patient, but it's getting hard. I've had a total of seven broken ribs, each arm was broken twice at one point and had both legs broken, as well as a broken ankle. Tears filled my eyes and I quickly blinked them away. Crying won't help anybody. Crying won't help me. I hissed as I moved my head, I am ninety percent sure Jazzy gave me a concussion when she hit me on the head with her gun. I checked my surroundings again. Sometimes, Jazzy will forget something in here.

Moldy bricks and cement blocks covered the walls and puddles of murky water pooled upon the floor. Nothing was here. I looked down. Cracks in the floor was the only hint of my torture, for Jazzy made Marcus clean up all of the blood. I looked at the ceiling and bit my lip to hide a laugh. There was a dent, yes a DENT, in the hard cement. It was from when Jazzy saw a spider and tried to hit it with the metal bat she was using to torture my abdomen. The spider jumped onto her face and she screamed and kept slapping herself to get it off. Crap, laughing definitely isn't good. My head began pounding as I felt a migraine come on. I managed to get an idea of where I was. Apparently, Marcus has a brother-in-law, who is currently in jail for murder, who used to own a chain of warehouses. This was one of the warehouses he owned, and it is near the sewage center in downtown San Francisco. I highly doubt that anyone would guess to look here, I mean, seriously, who would question Marcus or Jazzy? They look completely harmless! That's when it hit me, literally.

A small drop of water fell down onto my head and I looked up, to the best of my ability. There was a little crack in the ceiling near the hanger holding me up! It seems like my weight is breaking the already worn out cement! If Jazzy hits it, or if I manage to use my weight, which is practically nothing, to wear it down over a period of time, it might break off and send a chain reaction, buying me time to be found! A smile inched across my face but was quickly tossed into the trash by a frown. That only happens in the movies. I'd have to be here for months. The pain in my arms started building again so I shifted my body weight. How long would this be my life? I shifted my weight again when the door opened suddenly, surprising me. I tried to look at whoever came in, but a bright light assaulted my eyes. What is happening?

"I found her! I found her!" Someone yelled. Hope filled my body and I relaxed. That's when the voice laughed again and the light turned off. It was Jazzy and Marcus. What are they doing here?

"You actually believed that? You worthless pig! Ha, nobody is going to find you until you're dead and Marcus and I are sipping wine in Italy. Where were we staying again hun?" She chuckled, taunting me while swinging her flashlight.

"Hotel Artemide." Marcus said, coming towards me with a black bag.

"Oh right! It'll be great! As for what's happening, we're moving you to another warehouse on the opposite side of the city. School was cancelled due to the plumbing exploding, and Marcus has the day off, if you were wondering." She giggle like a psycho and skipped out of the room while my arms were given a break as Marcus brought me down from the ceiling.

So much for my plan. Jazzy bounded back in with a syringe. "We don't want you giving away our little secret! This should knock you out for a few hours! We changed cars too! Nobody will ever know!" She sang, injecting me with the drug and skipping out.