- day one of a new routine -

IT WAS UNEXPLAINABLE. It was purely puzzling, Elenora realized as she looked down and the most hated thing in the world. Inevitable, yet so uncalled for.

Because, in Elenora's own words, who the hell gives out homework on the first day?

Peter was the first to see the girl's distraught face, and noticed the way she stared down at the notebooks and pencils as if they had killed her.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked, concerned. He hadn't see anyone this upset since his best friend back in third grade, Amy, who hadn't been casted the role of the sunflower in their school production.

Elenora nodded, but looked down in distress at her papers. "Can you believe that I have three projects due next week?" Elenora asked miserably. "Three! As if I wasn't worked up enough, I have three freaking-"

Parker didn't know how to deal with girls, and I'm sure that was already clearly expressed. But if there was one thing he knew about girls is that it's best to calm them down before they eventually exploded.

"Mr. Stark can help you, yknow," Peter told her as he led her through the hallways. "Or me. But Mr.Stark's smarter, obviously, and hell probably help more bu-but I'm here too. Like to help you."

Elenora didn't have the heart to tell him that she would manage just fine. "Oh alright. Thank you, Parker."

"Come on, I have a friend I want you to meet."

***

"Hey dude," Parker called the lone student occupying the table nearest the exit. "This is Elenora."

"Hi!" Elenora greeted, trying to hide that she was nervous. Elenora struggled to keep a smile up, gripping her lunchbox. She glanced at Parker, he smiled sheepishly.

Ned offered a wave. "Hey, I'm Ned."

Elenora shot him another smile before slipping into a seat.

***

"It's not a far walk to Mr.Stark's place, it's only about ten minutes," Parker noted as Elenora packed her bag at the end of the day.

"Oh, okay. Do Steve and Bucky know?" she asked, struggling to fit her folders in the backpack. "I wasn't really told where to go."

"Dont worry," Peter said, "I'll call Mr.Stark now, and ask him." Parker stepped to the side as Elenora put in her pencil case and her books. By the time she had finished, Parker was off the phone. "He said Steve's there. He's cool with you walking."

"Cool." Elenora shrugged on her backpack. "Let's go."

The brisk fall air nipped at Elenora's cheeks, and she was so glad that Bucky forced her to bundle up. It was freezing.

"So do you like it?"

"Hmm?"

Peter repeated his question, "The school, do you like it?"

"Yeah, it's nice," Elenora said. "Better than my old school, and plus, the kids seem friendlier. My old school was filled with fights."