Preference

blub

(A/N: Hey guys! I'm giving you a task today: Hug someone. Parent, friend,sibling, significant other, whatever, just hug someone. You could find out that you (or that person) really needed that warm hug. The Edmund one is a bit dark, but I think the message it kinda sorta conveys is a good one. Remember to eat something, drink some water and take your meds! Love you!)

Our World Preference: You see an unexplained abrasion on them

Caspian

Caspian was being a clutz.

When you and Caspian were getting ready for bed in your bathroom, Caspian pulled off his shirt to take a shower, revealing a large bruise on his shoulder.

"Cas?" You stepped towards him, gently touching the discolored skin. "What happened?"

"Hmm?" He turned his back to the mirror craning his neck to try to see his shoulder. When he did, he blushed, opening the shower door and turning the water. "It's nothing, beautiful."

"Caspian," you pleaded. What had happened to make your husband so bashful?

"Fine," he sighed, leaning his good shoulder against the wall. "You know how you asked me to get the guest bedroom ready for Peter and F/N when they come next week?" You nodded. "Well, I went into the shed to look for the spare bedding and tried to get it from the top shelf without using a step ladder. Instead of getting the bedding, I accidently knocked the portable heater down. When I ducked, it hit my shoulder."

You giggled, a bit disappointed in the yourself that you found the situation funny.

Peter

Peter got into a fight.

You had gone to live with the Pevensie's after your parents were killed in a bomb raid that you narrowly escaped yourself. You and Peter had a very serious courtship and Mrs. Pevensie understood that when you woke up from your terrible nightmares or had panic attacks, often triggered by sounds as day-to-day as the front door slamming or a car engine starting, Peter was the only who could console you, so she let you and Peter sleep in the same room.

One night, you were laying in bed, reading a book when Peter finally came to bed. He stripped of his shoes, socks and pants and was taking off his shirt when you gasped.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Peter asked, sitting on the bed, pulling his shirt over his head fully.

"What did you do?" You whispered, gently gliding your fingers over the red, blue and purple marks on Peter's back. The one that worried you the most was on his neck, just below his hairline. You wondered how no one noticed. "Peter, your back is covered in bruises."

"Not again," Peter sighed, laying on his side with his head in your lap. You saw him wince as he did this, leading you to assume that there were bruises on his side as well. You carded your fingers through his hair, refraining from pulling at it as punishment for him being an idiot.

"Peter, what happened?" You didn't have to be specific. He knew what you meant.

"Some clotpole at school was saying extremely vulgar things about Susan," He explained, clenching his fists around the blanket. "I tried to ignore it but he started taunting me about how I would only stand up for myself, so I hit him."

"You know, for once, I'm not mad at you for getting into a fight."

Edmund

His abusive girlfriend hit him.

You knew that Edmund had a girlfriend. While you wish he didn't, you weren't going to completely cut your ties to him. You two stayed best friends, hanging out without any tension or awkwardness. You wouldn't let his relationship ruin yours.

You noticed that Edmund started to look and act different as the time went by and his relationship progressed. He smiled less and frowned more, he wore longer sleeves and hardly ever wore shorts. Of course you noticed. You had grown up with Edmund. You knew when something was up with your best friend.

You decided to say something to him about it so you called him over one Saturday. When you opened the door, Edmund was standing on your porch, crying and looking worse than ever.

"Oh, Ed," you whispered, pulling him inside and into a hug.

Edmund's legs collapsed underneath him and you slid down the wall, clutching onto each other's frames. Ed was full on sobbing now, shaking with such force it resonated through your body.

"Edmund," you said gently. You pulled him away from his hiding place in your neck to look at you and grimaced. His jaw was purple, his lip bleeding. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because," he sniffled, testing his jaw with two fingers and wincing. "No one believes the guy. Society has stereotyped men as strong, almost godly creatures who can never be hurt by anyone less than themselves. 'Oh, your girlfriend hit you? I'm sure you did something and she was defending herself.' I know that some pieces of scum actually do make unwanted advances, get beat up and pull the abuse card, but I didn't do anything to her, Y/N." He put his head back on your shoulder, tears in heavy flow down his cheeks. "I swear."