Chapter Six

6

::Kylie's POV::

I shivered as Levi walked me to my car down his long driveway. It was around eight thirty at night and it was freezing. The dinner ended about an hour ago, but I stayed to help clean up.

Another breeze flew by as the silence between Levi and I continued. He hadn't said anything to me since he'd implied that we'd soon be more than just friends. I didn't really know how to feel, but I was excited that he was open to.. More.

"Thanks for letting me stay last night," I said because I never really had a chance to tell him. I'd stayed over plenty of times, but I still needed to thank him.

"Shhh," he stopped and faced me. "You don't have to thank me for that. Whenever you need to, come over."

I nodded.

"Plus my mom likes your company," he said with a smile.

I smiled back. "And what about you?" I asked and took a step forward to close the gap between us.

He stepped even closer to me and put his hands on my waist. "Ehhhh."

I gasped and crossed my arms dramatically.

"I love your company," he said .

"Mhmm. Ssuuuurreee," I said with sarcasm.

"I do. I actually was disappointed when you ran off earlier," he said while uncrossing my arms.

"Oh?" I asked and he nodded in response.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later," I said and turned to get into my car.

Before I could even place a foot in, he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Or you could always stay the night... Again." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in close to him. Though it was exceptionally cold tonight, I felt warm in his arms. I could hear his steady heartbeat pounding through his chest and it sent an explosion of butterflies throughout my stomach.

"I already stayed last night," I said with a smile plastered across my face.

"I said again" He replied simply with a shrug.

"I need to go home," I replied back.

"No you don't," he said.

I stared at him for a moment.

"This doesn't seem appropriate for two friends," I stated with a questioning look. I was trying to get as much out of him as I could.

"Who said we were just friends?" He countered my argument.

"Who said we were more?" I fought back.

"Me.." He whispered just as he placed his lips on mine. An electrifying shock was sent through my body. Our lips moved so in sync that I was pretty sure they were meant for one another. His were so soft, so plump. He bit my lip, asking for entrance and I gracefully accepted, sending his tongue piercing in my mouth.

Just as I felt the kiss deepen, I pulled away. If I had kissed him any longer, I would've ripped his clothes off right then and there.

"Goodbye Levi," I said.

"Good night pretty girl," he said just as we shared one more final kiss.

*

The next day, I treated myself to a shopping spree. Clothes, shoes, purses. Anything that caught my eye, I bought. I'd done well academically this semester so why not treat myself?

I thought about Levi and I's relationship. Well, soon to be relationship. I thought of the time I had a crush on him in the 3rd grade. Then when we shared our first kiss in the 4th grade, but I ended up breaking up with him at the end of recess because he beat me in a race. You could say I was a little competitive.

Next, I remembered when we dated in the 8th grade, but he broke up with me after a week for a girl named 'Daniella McKenny.' I was depressed for a solid month and a half. I didn't want to admit it then, but that was really my first heartbreak. I even wore the half of a heart necklace he gave me hoping that he still had his even though we had broken up. I smiled remembering everything. I was so pathetic when it came to him. I'd always been.

I shrugged that pain off. We both had matured since then, so what was I worried about? I would become his girlfriend any day now and we would go to the same college and get married and have kids... Well maybe just one kid. But it was destined! I mean we were already best friends.

I was just leaving Victoria's Secret, sipping on my mango smoothie, when I was stopped in my tracks.

Just after turning the corner, I saw Levi with some girl from school. Just as they shared a kiss, I backed back a little so they wouldn't see or hear me.

"Oh hell no," I whispered to myself. Apparently, I'm not a good whisperer because he turned to me. The look on his face was priceless. Wide eyes, lipstick smeared near his mouth, it was all pitiful really.

I just rolled my eyes and went the same way I'd came. I was so blinded by the possibility of us actually being together that I forgot who I was dealing with. Levi Alvaro, the ladies' man.

And if that whole situation wasn't shocking enough, he was stupid enough to follow me.

He grabbed my arm and spun me around. I nearly slapped him, but my arms were full with shopping bags.

"Look, Ky that wasn't what it looked like," he said.

"Oh it wasn't? Because to me, it looked like you two were kissing," I said back with my eyes dark and my face emotionless. "But maybe I'm wrong." I dared him to lie to me, because I knew what I saw.

He stayed quiet for a moment, carefully trying to plan his next words.

"Am I?" I rushed and forced him to make eye contact with me. "Or was what I comprehended from that true?"

"I mean, we're not together right?Me and you?" He asked me.

"Wooowwwww," I said and then smiled.

He smacked his teeth. "No I didn't mean it like tha--"

"No no it's fine. You're right. We're not together," I cut him off. "We're not even friends."

The girl walked up to him and asked was everything okay.

"Oh yeah he's fine. I just thought he was someone I knew." I looked him straight in his eyes then back to her. "You two have a nice day," I said with a brilliant smile, just before exiting the area.