Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

6

Gabbi's eyes feasted to every closed door, club posters and symbols of school spirit. Unable to keep her eyes on Tyler's confident back, her sight wandered everywhere.

"You're so slow," naturally, Tyler complained when she fell a few steps behind, even when he was slowing down his pace. She apologized, but Tyler just stared at her as she reached him. "Fine, slowpoke," he said, and they wandered through a hallway with few loitering students. Despite her effort to blend in, Gabbi herself knew it was impossible. First, Tyler acted like a child in a toy museum. "Look Gabbi!" has been countless as his hand pointed everywhere. Despite the lilac tint under his eyes, he was still objectively attractive, in Gabbi's opinion. He only shut up for a moment after exchanging stares at a short blond girl, putting up a club campaign poster of Myth Club on a bulletin board.

It was only for seconds as if they were studying each other, and ended when a teacher called her. "Coming, Sir Felix!" Her voice was small yet clear and bouncy. She dipped her head for a slow, yet discreet nod of salute towards Tyler, a glance to Gabbi and ran after the teacher.

"How about the library next?" he suggested as if the curious scene didn't happen. Tyler leaned closer for a whisper. "I heard kids nowadays do nasty stuff there. Scandalous." Clearly, he knows more about high school life than her.

"Hey there," someone greeted before Gabbi could decline.

Two girls, a blond and a brunette, posed after they had cat walked towards Tyler and Gabrielle. "Cutie," the blond whispered to her friend. She wore a white shirt with a bold pink print of 'WILD,' inserted in a short denim skirt. Pretty, with aggressive spunk.

The second reason why they could not go on stealth. Tyler is a good-looking boy with night adventures, hence the darkened rims under his eyes. Their futile effort to blend in was useless. No one can ignore him.

"I've never seen you before," said the brunette, ignoring the glare from her friend who was already staking a claim.

"Me too, I've never seen you before," Tyler replied.

Her voice was nasal yet still appealed attention. As her fingers played with the locks of her hair, her chest was pushed out for its dominance. The newly hired girls back in the casa use these as seduction methods. Flirting, Gabbi thought, she definitely is. Newer recruits in the casa turn to the classic, twirling their hair, 'take me' leaning postures and pouts.

"Are you new here?"

Tyler paused, "Hmmm, let's pretend that I am."

"I can show you around."

"No, thanks. I and Gabbi are just taking in the views."

"Even just for a little bit?"

"Can't do. We'll go home in a little bit. My brothers' gonna get mad if we're not."

Surprisingly, his answer was sincerely truthful. Yet, in the first place, they were not supposed to leave home. But he was so worried, and meek nobody would think he's an escapee. It's either he's good in acting, or he's just clueless, unlike the confidence he boasts of. Unable to stand by, Gabbi tugged his sleeves and tiptoed for a whisper. "Tyler, they're flirting with you."

"They are?" He glanced at the girls.

The Tyler she's with now is surprisingly naive and innocent for a vampire.

"Who is she?" Finally, the two acknowledged her presence with a halfhearted smile.

"She's my brother's..." He paused and scratched his head. "What will I say Gabbi?" he whispered once more. "I can't tell them you're my brother's pet. Or food supply." Then he added after a second, "Is 'ex-girlfriend' okay? You know, even if it ain't real, just to play with their conclusions."