Heroes Are Heroes Because...

"I still don't get it. Why don't you just draw us a helicopter or battleship or something and then fly us outta here?" Kim questioned the Sketch Trait user for roughly the third time, still not exactly understanding the young artists answer.

"Oh, I didn't know you knew how to operate a military helicopter, Kim." Alix responded with humoured sarcasm at her tall teammate's question, talking like it was the easiest thing in the world to create an aerial vehicle out of nothing. She had a better understanding of Nathaniel's Trait than Kim had, since she had actually been listening to the answers given by him. Kim ignored this comment, still waiting for the shy red haired boy to reply to him.

"I - I told you, that isn't how my Trait works..." Nathaniel answered hesitantly, rubbing his left arm with his right hand, a habit he had when he indulged whenever he nervous or anxious. "I'd, I'd need more time to draw something like that... And uh, I uh, I don't know how one works... I'd need to draw all the mechanics... And I don't know how that works..." Without knowing, and subsequently drawing, every single working aspect of a helicopter, or any vehicle like that, then while he could create the shell of one, it would not work whatsoever.

"Maybe if you paid some more attention to the answers he gives you." Lila commented, some venom clear in her voice, only further amplified by her obvious exasperation for Kim's constant questioning of their teammate. Over half an hour had passed since they had begun the Physical examination, and they were very slowly making progress. Very slowly. She was concerned that their group would not be able to pass if they didn't pick up the pace.

"Relax." Kim dismissed, aware of Lila's concerns. He glanced around at his teammates, all sharing the same worried expressions. As the self-appointed leader, he decided to try and motivate his team. "We're making good progress, aren't we?"

"For a sloth, perhaps." Alix commented, her head snapping to various different objects of interest that caught her eye. "If we keep going at this speed, we'll take another five and a half hours to actually get anywhere. And by that point, we'll be in last place by about three hours, if I know our classmates."

"What makes you so - " Kim's sentence was cut short by a Alix suddenly appearing right in front of his, and a gust of wind blowing against his skin. She had moved like a pink and white blur, and after image barely having moved when she reappeared.

"Take it from a person who could have gotten there and back here about ten times now, meathead." Alix prodded Kim's chest, before she skidded back to where she was previously. Irritated, she tapped her foot on the ground, eager to actually start making some viable progress. If she weren't hampered by the teammates she had, she could have easily made the distance and passed the Physical Examination in a few minutes at worst.

Alix Kubdel - Trait - High Speed - Alix's Trait allows her to move, think, and react at the speed of sound. She can activate this power at will, allowing her to switch between moving at speeds like a normal human, and moving at her highest speeds. She has trouble utilizing this Trait in cluttered locations, and also when not touching the ground, her power is useless. She also cannot transport anyone along with her without causing them some serious damage. Running into walls at this speed will cause her a great deal of damage, and debris can still hit her in the eyes when using this Trait if precautions are not taken.

Lila sighed, bored of the current conversation. "Kim, can't you just burn down a path for us?"

"Ooh, subtle." Alix commented with her usual levels of sarcasm. "Maybe next we can have Nathaniel draw the Eiffel tower and set up a huge beacon letting everyone know where we are so they can ambush us a bit easier." Though she had not intended for it to be so, it had come across far harsher than intended.