He didn't mean it

Chapter

We arrived in front of Noah's house and the driver helped me to get Noah out of the car. I walked towards the door with Noah, knocking on the door. There wasn't a light on nor was there anyone that opened the door. I knocked a few times again, but then stopped since I figured that no one must be home. I didn't even know who he lived with.

"Noah, do you have your keys?" I asked him, hoping that he would respond with common sense.

"Keys? To where? To the moon? Sure, just in my pocket" he said, laughing after that. I touched his pocket, realizing that there was indeed a key. I grabbed it with difficulty and opened the door. The smell of the house hit me when we went inside. It was woodsy, yet it gave off a warm feeling. It was like fall with a touch of cinnamon. We walked to the living room that was the first door and I put him down on the couch. I looked at his face, seeing tears fall down. I kneeled down beside him.

"What's wrong? Noah? Are you hurt?" I asked him, thinking that he was hurt because of the alcohol that he was allergic to. He just looked at the ceiling.

"Noah.." I whispered, trying to get him to talk. It didn't look like an allergic reaction, since there were only tears streaming down his face.

"I didn't kill her. I wouldn't. She was everything I had- why would I do that?" he said softly, closing his eyes.

"I know" I whispered back, wanting him to know that there was someone who believed him. He didn't say anything back and I sat there like that for a long time, just watching him. His breathing slowed down and I knew that he was asleep. I got up, walking around to find the kitchen. When I found it, I opened the drawers to find a glass. I filled it with water after finding it and put it down next to him on the table. Throwing him a last look, I went out of his house. Shock went through me when I realized that the yellow car wasn't there anymore, neither the driver. I mentally cursed at Black for doing this to me and started walking home, hoping that I could get home safely.

I put my books in my locker since they were becoming very heavy. I still had a few classes more to go but I was exhausted. I had been cleaning the house for the last two days, since it was completely ruined. The bathrooms were a mess and downstairs was a disaster. Black wasn't even home so I had to do everything on my own, not that he would've helped anyways. I shut my locker and turned to walk to class. I was stopped by Noah, who was standing behind me. He didn't greet me and had this strong expression that made me nervous. He never really looked angry, but this was even worse than that.

"If I hear any word from anyone about what I talked about Friday, I won't hesitate to ruin it all for you" he said, leaving me in shock. This was not the Noah that I knew. This was not the person who taught me a lot. His eyes were so dark blue. I knew that black touched it. The black color always messed up the sky, leaving a storm for people to suffer. His eyes were the same. Storms were going off in there, having no reason.

"Hold up" I said, since it didn't make sense to me. He looked at me in confusion.

"Did you really think that I would grab a microphone and tell the whole school what you told me? What happened last Friday, Noah? What exactly happened?" I said, coming a little closer. I was still far enough so he wouldn't be in my personal space, since I appreciated my personal space so much, but it was near enough to show that I wouldn't surrender for his unreasonable threat.

"Don't" he said, looking around to see if anyone heard us. There wasn't many people around and the ones who were, were minding their own business.

"Tell me. Did you say something I didn't know? Because I remember once being kidnapped and learning about what you told me last Friday. I remember me telling you that I believe you. Now here you are, asking me to keep my mouth shut for something I had been silent about already?" I said, letting him remember that I knew that he didn't do it, and that he knew that I knew. He looked at me for a second, completely perplexed. Just when I thought that the storm would stop, it grew even bigger. He took a step forward.

"Nothing I told you was true that night. And you know that I'm not talking about the part at my house" he said, referring to the party. I remembered him singing the words to a song and saying that it was for me. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't tell me things I already knew" I said, walking away. I didn't want to be in the tension anymore. Too much negativity was blinding me yet I was always in the negative side of the blue. I walked towards class, feeling a little hurt. I had thought that it was cute that he sang these lyrics, but deep down I knew already that it wasn't true. Why would it even be?

~~~~~~

Random Interesting Fact: I had one fact in my head but forgot what it was lol

NOAH WAS MEAN