Chapter 3- Road Trip

His Fake Girlfriend 

Chapter 3- Road Trip

"I'm hungry." The whining brat says for the twentieth time in the last two minutes. I begin to hit my head back against the head rest, groaning because of her and the traffic that is on the highway we were in. I could literally put my car in park right now that's how bad it is, "Can we stop and eat somewhere." She asks again. 

"Yeah sure no problem let’s put some wings on the car so we can fly over all these cars and get us to the next exit so the princess can eat." I tell her sarcastically. She groans at me throwing her head back against the seat. Neither Sky nor I have eaten since we left campus. Being that it’s already one o'clock now and we're not even in Albany yet made me even more made because by now we should be in Albany and not stuck here on this high way with two growling stomachs.

"The second I get where I can move to the next lane I will. So then when we see the next exit we leave and then go eat. It’s a deal, great because that's the only option." I tell her again. I told her the exact same thing the first time.

She sighs pushing her sunglasses up on her head and stretching her legs on top of the dash. Bite your tongue Jeremy, don't mention it, and don’t make another problem. "If we were on a plane this wouldn't happen." She mutters under her breath looking out the window. Mentally I agree with her. I pictured this car ride to be less tense and more fun, "This song sucks." Sky mentions changing the channel, "And this one.... What is this, a recording of scraping metal? Oh God no, not them.... You need better music." She comments as she changes channels. 

"I'll put that on my 'To Do' list, sunshine." I grin, letting the car crawl about two inches, "Anything else? Maybe put a mini fridge in the back. A foot rest to replace my dashboard you're scraping up and a TV with some movies. Oh I think I can fit a fountain right here between the seats-"

"Well no need to be sarcastic." She mumbles interrupting. She takes her feet off the dash board and stretches so she can see over the lanes, "I bet it's a bad accident." 

"It’s probably a car fire." I corrected. It would be moving if it were just an accident. Sky opens her door and stands on the seat as a boost to look beyond the lanes. I should move the car and see what happens, "What do you see?" I ask. 

"A lot of police cars and three ambulances. I think there's a fire truck." She tells me. 

I wanted to see for myself so I put the truck in park and did the same as Sky, standing on my seat and prop my arm on the top of the car to peer over. Sky was right. It looked like a mess down there, "Why aren't they letting anyone go?" I wonder. 

"I think that truck in the middle is tipped over and that SUV is blocking the lane on the left." Sky points out since I really couldn't see what was on her side, "That SUV is totaled. There are pieces everywhere." She says shaking her head.

Damn. This looks really bad. What sucks the most is now everyone is held back in this traffic, "I wish they could let us through on the right lane. Making space isn't that hard to do." Sky mentions.