4.3 : self

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Piers whispers harshly to Nina as she sits in one of the guest chairs of the hospital room, picking at her nails nonchalantly. "My sister was out, saying she was trapped in a basement and didn't know where she was, and you just sat back while we spent all night looking for her?"

"I told you guys she would come to us," Nina sighs, lolling her head back onto the wall. "And was I wrong?"

"No, but-"

"You all need to have more faith in me," She yawns, looking over to Carmen's sleeping body in the hospital bed. 

Casey bites his lip and sighs loudly, glancing down at Carmen. The night before, the pack found Carmen screaming and crying in Rhiannon's basement after getting the mysterious call from her. When she passed out, they immediately brought her to the hospital in fear that something had happened to her. But, only Nina, Piers, and Casey chose to stay, while the rest stayed back.

"How did you know?" Casey asks, leaning on his right hand, not taking his eyes away from Carmen as he spoke.

"Because it's what I wanted," Nina smirks, giving Casey a knowing look. "Just give this time and our plan will fall into place."

"'Our plan' ? You're seriously fucked." Casey growls angrily.

Carmen's eyes begin to finally flutter open at the sound of their voices, a soft groan escaping her lips when she's exposed to the harsh lighting in the room. She raises her arms up to shield her face, glaring at everyone in the room.

"Mm . . Why am I here?" She whispers groggily, watching as Piers jumped up at her voice and ran over to envelop her in a hug.

"Thank god you're okay," He whispered into her hair. Carmen hugged him back, but still held her confused expression.

"You don't remember last night?" Nina cocks her head, "In Rhi's basement?"

She thinks back for a second before it all comes back to her- The phone call, the basement, the bandaged men, Stiles, and the waking-up-crying-in-Casey's-arms phenomenon.

"Oh, right . ." Carmen muttered, "But why did you bring me here?"

"We just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with you," Casey looks down at his hands, fiddling with them awkwardly. "Do you remember anything from last night? Why you called me?"

How could she ever forget? It must have been a dream- It had to have been a dream. Regarding how she ended up in Rhiannon's training room, the only logical explanation she could come up with was that she had been sleepwalking.

But she knew that this was Beacon Hills, and logic didn't necessarily apply to the small town.

Carmen didn't want them to worry about her; They probably already had enough on their plates. And since she was sure this was just some weird freak out, she decided to keep the dream details to herself.

"N-No," She spoke, rubbing her arm. "I don't remember anything . . Besides waking up."

"Are you sure?" Casey interrogates, "This is serious, and if something happened, you need to tell us."

"Nothing happened," She raised her eyebrows at him convincingly, "I promise. Now can I get out of here?"

Piers presses his lips together and nods at the other two to follow him. "We'll go check you out and we can go."

They all give her sweet, reassuring smiles and leave the room, shutting the door behind them. Carmen sighs and stares up at the ceiling boredly, listening to the occasional drip of water from the sink on the other side of the room.