Chapter 7

Teddy's POV

No. The only word I can process as I watch the room grieve. Harry had told me lots about his relationship with his godfather and my father, but I never of course had witnessed the pure love he had for the two men.

The loss of my parents was a burden I always carried, but it was much different. I never knew them, so I wasn't always sad, but rather regretful instead. Regretful I couldn't know them. But to be raised without parents by horrible people who treated you worse than a dog, then given hope, lots of hope and love from father figures, only to be ripped away mere years later. I couldn't imagine the pain my godfather went through.

Vic hugs me, wrapping her arms and round my neck and pressing her body close to me, her head buried in my shoulder.

"Teddy."

I have heard my name many times before, but never with such comfort and stability. When I was 10 and I'd finally worked up the courage to ask Harry about my parents, we went for a walk. He took me way out into the woods and we sat together against a tree. He told me everything, from the day he met my father and he day he met my mother and everything in between. He talked about the marriage and the friendships between our fathers and his godfather, and eventually their sacrifice.

I had cried. Never having known them, I'd never cried about them before because they never felt real. They had felt quite real ever since then.

"Teddy." Harry had said. But not comfortingly, because he knew. He said it brokenly, apologetically, crying with me softly, because their deaths were very real to him. He could finally completely understand how Sirius had felt, how cruel it was he had gotten to spend time with my parents and not me. That was the only time I'd seen him cry. Until now.

Grandma left the room, but in a way completely different than her normal, busy, bustling self. She walked as if The Statue was lying upon her shoulders, physically crushing her as every pained step was more difficult than the last.

And then suddenly, a sharp, blaring ring pierced the heavy silence and shredded it, scaring half the room with its cry.

Oh... I realized slowly, pulling away from Vic surprised. The mirror...

"THE MIRROR!" Lily yells triumphantly. Everyone looked taken aback from her yell, but anyone who knew Lily knew her love for the flat round piece of glass that Harry had given her for her seventh birthday. Hauling the mirror out of her pocket, Lily proceeded to shout

"HELLO DADDY!" I glanced back over and Sirius was staring at the mirror, jaw dropped and eyes glazed in shock.

"Is that..." He trailed off. I smiled.

"The very same. Harry kept the one you gave him then after recovering yours, gave it to Lily.'

The shock slowly faded, and he just sighed, rubbing his temples. If I had to guess, nothing would faze him now. Meanwhile, a deep voice was trying to gain our attention.

"Lily? Are you there sweetie? I think that's Teddy's voice, Gin... Teddy are you there?"

"Woah Harry" The twins gasped in unison, laughing at Harry's future voice.

Past Harry cringed, his face going red as everyone started laughing as they turned towards them.

I laughed too, and turned back towards the mirror.

"Yeah Harry I'm here. We all are actually."

"Oh thank Merlin." Harry sighed in relief. "Where are you?"

"It's more of a matter of WHEN we are, but I'm sure James would LOVE to explain." I grinned mischievously. James emerged from behind the group, clearly disappointed with the failure of his great plan, hiding and hoping everyone forgot about him.

"Hey dad." He chirped, taking the mirror from Lils.

I saw Ginny take the mirror from Harry. Oh no, I chuckled to myself. Poor James.

"Brace yourselves." I muttered, and a few of the past people turned to look at me Quizzically. James paled dramatically, and I clenched my fingers, waiting for it.

A/N - OMG you guys over 500 reads!! Here's a chapter for you.

Lots of Harry/Teddy in this one cause their relationship is so important I think.

Also just a sidebar, I haven't seen or read the cursed child yet, so if it's not accurate to that storyline, then that's why. Also if it's EXACTLY like it, then its purely accidental. :)

Update: I actually have the next two chapters written but I want to wait until this chapter has at least 40 reads or some more comments/votes. :))