Chapter 10 : Something's Not Right.

"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
- Clockwork Princess, by Cassandra Clare.

"You have always been a cheater, Edgar." Adela groaned, as she dodged yet another strike from her brother. He grinned, as he struck at her again with his stick, and she hit it with hers, blocking the blow.

"How is it my fault that you're not concentrating?" He winked. Adela held up a hand, and bent down to catch her breath. Even with the weather turning cold outside with every passing day, the Palace remained warm. She had come down to train with Edgar, and no doubt, he always took Adela as a challenge, which Adela truly loved. He was the only one who didn't take her lightly just because she was a girl.

She was wearing one of Edgar's shirts and boxers, as usual, and it was so sweaty that they clung to her skin. She glared up at Edgar, now standing with his arms cross.

"You can do better, Adela." He smirked, "Wonder why you're not."

Of course. Christian was all over her mind. Every time he looked at her, she could see his eyes so clearly adoring her. Sweeping over her. He made her smile, made her laugh, and it was all any Princess would ever want.

A perfect happily ever after.

Then she wondered why, oh why, did it not feel like it was supposed to?

"Let's do it again, then." She straightened up, frowning, "I'll show you how you shouldn't ever underestimate me."

"Surely not." There was a snort from the doorway, and her eyes widened as she saw Prince Sebastian standing there, leaning beside the door with his arms crossed, "Who would ever want to underestimate our amazing Princess?"

"I think I like you very much, Sebastian." Edgar laughed, and Sebastian mocked a curtsy. Adela pouted at both of them.

She didn't even need to blush. This was kind of the third time the Prince was seeing so much of her body.

"Don't you just love to wear those things?" He shook his head, laughing. She realised his hair was so much like he'd just gotten out of bed. She thought what it'd be like to play with them?

"How do you know?" Edgar looked between me and Sebastian, and my eyes widened.

"Uhm..." Sebastian looked at me, "Just guessed."

Edgar smirked knowingly, then looked over at me, "I wonder who'd win if you two have a match."

"Of course I would."

Both of them said in unison, and Adela smiled sweetly at him, "How ambitious of you, Prince."

"Then perhaps we should see for ourselves." Edgar offered the stick to the Prince, "Do us the honors, Prince."

Sebastian grinned his perfect grin as he shook the coat off his shoulders and put it away. He took the stick, examining it and then came to stand in front of her. He first rolled his shoulders back, then stretched out, moving his neck side to side with his eyes closed.