Chapter 8

OKAY SO AFTER TODAY, I HAVE THREE HALF DAYS SO EXPECT ALOT OF UPDATES!!!

"All right! Let's see what'cha got!" Bolin cheers as he looks at Korra.

The four of us were currently in the gym with a pile of earth coins to throw.

While Korra and Bolin threw rocks, I stood next to Mako, who sulked.

"You look like you just killed a polar bear dog" I say as I causally bend the water out of my waterskin.

My fingers move around, causing the water to trail in a circle motion. "Well it's not everyday you met the Avatar and her little sidekick" Mako says, making me glance at him. "Sidekick?"

"I mean by the looks of you, it looks like you just trail around her like the polar bear puppy I supposedly killed." Mako states, making me clench my hand, causing the water to turn to ice.

I hated it when people called me a follower. Sure, most of the time it might be true, but they didn't understand the bond Korra and I shared. We're best friends, we learned everything together.

"You're sure one to assume. A few minutes ago, you thought Korra and I were just fangirls" I say quickly before taking a deep breath. My heart was beating too fast. I needed to bend.

"Listen I-" Mako started but I held up a shaky hand.

I took in another breath before stretching my hands out, causing the ice to go back to liquid. Then, flattening my hands, the water in my hands turned from water, to steam, which floated away into the air.

"Did you see that Dakota?! I did it!" Korra cheered as she shook me violently by the shoulders.

Smiling weakly, I lied smoothly "It was great Korra, really". "Not bad" Mako says, causing Korra to frown. "What does it take to impress this guy?" Korra asks, causing Mako to get defensive.

"What? I said 'not bad'. You know what, it's getting late. I think I'm gonna turn in. You kids have fun. Nice to meet you, Avatar Korra, and your little sidekick too" Mako says, making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah, been a real pleasure." Korra says, before waving a sad wave. I on the other hand stayed silent.

I wanted to say something snarky, but I couldn't.

Grandma was always saying what she wished, something I wish I could do. 

"See ya upstairs, bro." Bolin says, causing Korra and I to look at the earthbender in shock.

"You guys live here? In the gym?" I ask, my eyes wide.

"It's nothin' fancy, but we have some great views! So, back to bending. Why don't you throw that combo again?" Bolin says.

------------------------------------------------------------------