Chapter 1

|| hello, I just want to say welcome to my story. I hope you guys love it just as much as I do, I love Downton Abbey and I really love Thomas Barrow lol I'm going to shut up now and let you read, enjoy||
________________________________

1912

I was woken up by someone knocking on my bedroom door. I sat up and moved my messy auburn hair out of my face.

Who is it?" I called, my voice still groggy from just waking up.

"It's Sophia milady."

"Come in." She opened the door and came in with her hands full of what I presume are clothes.

"Good morning milady." She gives me one of her loving smiles as she walks over to my dresser. When she reaches the dresser she opens the drawers and start's to put the clothes away. Once she is done she turns around to face me. when she faces me I give her a look, She raises a brow at me.

"What?" She asked while walking over to the Windows.

"You know what, you know I hate it when you call me milady." she looks at me once more before turning back around to open the curtains.

"You know I have to call you that, you're a lady and that is what I must call you." she moved all the curtains away from the Windows to welcome my eyes to the busy streets of Westminster London.

I sighed while getting out of bed, my bare feet touching the cold marble floor. Standing up I lift my arms above my head and stretch. Turning around to face her as I spoke.

"Well, I'm not a lady. I was adopted from an Irish orphanage remember?" She walked to my dresser and pulls out a blue silk and lace dress with a yellow long sleeves and a pattern on the chest and sleeves.

Walking over to her I take the dress from her and look at it then back at her

"I don't need you to help me get dressed, I can do it just fine on my own."

"I know you can, but it's my job to help you." I looked down and sigh.

"I know it is, it's just Growing up in the orphanage I had to do everything for myself. I guess I'm just not used to having help with things cause I was never given it." I felt her put her hands on my shoulders. I looked up at her to see her give me another one of her loving smiles.

"I know you're not used to people helping you with everything. You were adopted by a loving family and they loved you very much. And now you have a new family that loves you just as much. And you are not that little girl from the orphanage anymore. like it or not you're a lady, Lady Lilliana Carmichael And your father has lord Marcus Carmichael and your mother was Lucia Carmichael. You're only 19 love, you will get used to the whole idea of it all. I promise." I smiled at her and hugged her, She hugged me back and kissed the top of my head. We pulled away and she rubbed my arms while giving me a comforting smile, she dropped her arms to to take the dress from mine.