Chapter 7

I got a memo after my class that the Dean had called us for a meeting. I quickly gathered my things and headed to the boardroom.

Everyone had already been sitting and giggling and it was really odd to see the teachers acting this way. I sat beside Mr. James, a Linguistic teacher.

“Hello Miss Grey!” He winked at me.

"Hi Arnold! What makes you so giddy today?” I asked while laughing.

“Well, you just chose to sit beside me and that already made my day.” He babbled while I chuckled silently.

Arnold has been asking me out but I always refuse, telling him politely that I am off limits and I have a baby to take care of.

“When will you give me a chance to take you out?” He bluntly asked.

“Probably, never.” I answered straight forwardly. “Arnold, we've talk about this already.”

“Yeah, yeah. But I'm not giving up.”

Our conversation was interrupted when the Dean stood in front to start preciding the meeting. He was talking about the upcoming accreditation and some activities to be held within the month.

I was only listening with one ear. I was busy texting my brother who was watching my son at home. My son made a chaos while he was feeding him. He left the baby food on the high chair table to turn on the tv but when he came back, my baby already dived his face to the plate like a dog.

My baby even laughed while his uncle cleaned his face. France took a picture of his messy chubby face and sent it to me causing me to laugh hard.

My colleagues were staring at me probably wondering why was I laughing. I just muttered 'sorry'.

“This lunch time, Mr. David Miller will be joining us all. So make sure to be present this noon and for those who haven't met him yet, you will have your chance later.” Dean Patrick spoke to the crowd that has majority of women giggling.

I was stunned upon hearing his name. He  is here again?

Lunch time came so fast. My last class had just finished so I would have the rest of my day to spend with my baby.

I went to the dinning hall where the gathering was being held. People were all busy chatting and eating and chatting like they had never seen each other for a long time.

I took a plate and went to the center table. After I gave birth to my son, I already became so picky with foods. It's not that I don't like them, I just don't feel eating much.

“Are you getting fussy with the foods now?” A voice came from behind and when I turned around, I jumped upon seeing the mighty David Miller trailing behind me.

I looked around and there were many people staring at us, most likely staring at him.

“Good afternoon sir!” I said while I continued moving around the table.

“Don't call me sir! You know I hate it, especially coming from your mouth.” He detested while I continued putting foods on my plate.

Before I could respond to him, there were four females swarming towards him introducing their names. But he will surely forgot their names as soon as he turn away.

They shook hands and the women were asking him random questions. I didn't hear much of their conversation anymore. I chose the farthest table so no one would bother me while eating. He was still busy being entertained while holding a glass of wine on his hand.

I finished my food, and when I stood up, Dean Patrick came to me together with David Miller.

“Miss Grey, thank you for your generousity. Mr. Miller said you offered to give him a tour around the school. I guess you don't have classes anymore this afternoon, can you possibly do it after lunch?”

I was speechless. When did I ask him such offer? Why is he doing this? I thought with despise.

“Sure, no problem sir.” I was hesitant.

“Lead the way Miss Grey.” David said with a sexy smirk. This is getting crazy.

We went around the campus. I kept my professional posture and tried to distance myself from his body as much as possible. He has still the ability to make me shiver, and honestly it's still working on me.

“Thank you for being part of the university sir!” I said firmly.

“It's always been my pleasure Miss Grey.” He paused for a while, looking at me seductively. “Olivia...”

Before he could say anything, my phone rang and when I checked the caller ID, it was my brother calling.

I answered it without hesitation. “Hello France?”

“Livy? Nico has been crying. He won't stop. I don't know what to do.”

This is the first time my brother called in distress. He always called me but it was all about my baby doing funny stuffs.

I panicked. I can hear his wailing on the other line. My baby sometimes cries for no definite reasons, but my brother always manages to calm him down.

I distanced myself from David.

“Can you bring the phone to his ear?” I waited for two seconds.

“Hello baby? Momma is here.” His cries stopped.

“Momma will be coming home now ok? Please don't cry honey.” I don't hear him crying anymore.

“Livy? He is not crying anymore. Yay!” My brother spoke with happiness in his voice.

“I'll be heading home now. Thanks France!” Then, I ended the call.

“Who's baby are you talking to?” I heard the voice from behind and I turned to face him.

“It's none of your business Mr. Miller.” I angrily responded and walked away leaving him alone. I was stopped by a hand holding my wrist tightly.

“It's my fucking business...because... you are my wife.” He said in baritone voice.

“Was! Now not anymore.” After you literally threw me out of your house.
I left him there and I didn't look back. 😳