❦Chapter 4❦

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

「️♔️」️

I woke up and rubbed my eyes to clear out my vision as I glanced at the surroundings that I am currently in, I turned my head side to side and frowned as realization dawned on me, I was in the forest but how did I even manage to come here?

The last thing I saw was being inside the torture room and practically passing out, so how the hell did I even manage to come here?

Did they drag me in here?

Of course they would have, they wouldn’t want my rotting body making the air smell foul, and they couldn’t even tend my injuries, what selfish wolves.

I thought they would just throw me in the ocean now that would be a quick death to be in.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard the thudding sounds of footsteps, I immediately got scared, who was it? Were they wolves? Rogues live in the forest and I would probably be killed if it was a rogue.

Rogues are dangerous werewolves who were been kicked out of the pack for doing something bad.

I quickly hid behind a tree as two horses walked past through me, the horses had a symbol on their foreheads and basing from it, it was a royal symbol. Out of curiosity I followed them.

I ran, trying to catch up with them, they went on a familiar path, as their horses came to a stop, both of them came down as they walked towards the familiar mansion, the other person was a man and the other one was a woman, they were both wearing cloaks that were colored in royal blue which had the same royal symbol that their horses had.

They frantically looked side to side as if they were expecting people to emerge and attack them, what had surprised me was the woman was holding a baby, bundled in a thick blanket.

The man knocked on the door of the mansion and it was opened by a familiar man in his mid 20s, the stranger and the man conversed with each other as the woman cradled her child in her arms and I could see the glistening tears that were flowing out of the eyes of the beautiful woman, I wonder why she was crying.

The man and the stranger finished talking and the stranger called out for his wife- I assumed that she was- and the woman reluctantly gave their child to the man as she cried and kissed her child as she murmured something to the child before she gave her child a necklace and kissed her child on the forehead and hugged her child tightly.

The woman’s husband wrapped his arm around his wife’s shoulder as he comforted his wife; his wife sobbed against her husband’s shoulder as his husband hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.

They climbed their horses once more and trudged off and I could see the hurt in their faces as if they were forced to give up the most precious thing in their lives, the man, who now held the child, looked at the child before he entered the house and closed the door.

I jolted out awake and screamed as the burning sensation of pain rushed through my body, I yelped when I tried to move, my muscles were sore and my back was still hurting but at least it was healing, I try and sat up, ignoring the pain and realized that I was in my room, guess it was all just a dream.