His Love

I gasped as I got another text. I shakily grabbed and read the message. I texted back, asking who he was and began to dress for school. I slipped my gray jeans on and I was startled by my phone. I sat on my bed and read the message,

Turn on the TV, Beautiful.

Curious, I turned on my TV and saw the news was on, "Breaking News! There seems to have been a murder. The victim was a male around his late 40s. The suspect is unknown but there was something at the scene of the crime, a message written by the victims blood and carved onto the wall by what investigators believe was by a knife. The message said, 'I love you, Beautiful.' and on the same wall was the victim's heart pinned by a knife which doesn't have any prints or DNA. Police are still investiga-." I shut the TV off as my phone buzzed again.

Like my present? I hope you did because that shows most of my love for you. I would do anything for you, Beautiful. Even kill for you.

I quickly put on my shoes and ran to school, which for once in my life, I didn't mind being at the moment then being here in my own home where I knew I would lose my mind.

My shoes slapped against the pavement floor as I hurried off to school, ignoring the constant buzzing in my back pocket.

As school finally came to an end, I walked ever so slowly home, feeling the hairs on my neck stand as i felt an intense stare behind me. I quickened my pace as I was closer and closer to my house. I couldn't wait to be in my room and under covers where I felt safer than I was at the moment.

A familiar beige colored house came into view and I knew I was close. I immediately broke out into a sprint, bursting through the front doors and ran to my room where I jumped under my covers.

As minutes passed, I pulled out my phone from my back pocket, turning it on to be greeted with many notifications by 'Him' I quickly replied with a 'Leave me alone, please.' and went to take a shower after ordering myself a pizza.

When I exited the bathroom, something seemed amiss but I was startled by the doorbell being rung. I nervously made my way to the front door and let out a shaky breath, which I didn't know I was holding in, and went to grab the money I owed. I thanked the guy and went back to my room where I ate by myself.

My eyes slowly closed as I began to drift off to sleep but they snapped open. I began to doze off again when a shiver ran up my spine as my phone buzzed and I retrieved it,

I can't because I love you.

I fell asleep but was sure I felt someone looming over me and watching me as I slept. I felt a soft leathery touch on my face and arms.

"I love you." I heard. I jolted awake, but no one was there. I began to pant as my heart couldn't stop its rapid beating.

I was definitely close to losing my sanity.