Chapter 8

I quickly headed home by taxi. It was raining hard. When I entered the apartment, I was welcomed with France holding my baby sobbing silently.

“Momma's here!” I took him from France and rocked him gently while kissing his forehead and he wiggled lightly.

“What happen to my baby? Did you miss mommy?” I cooed him. He just looked at me with his watery eyes and he tried reaching my face. I leaned closer to him and he kissed my lips. So adorable!

“I love you baby. Now tell me where it hurts?” He is still few months old so I don't expect him to answer but instead he curled up his body closer to my chest. My precious baby weighs like a feather. I always want to carry him.

“Livy, is it okay if I leave for now? I got a call from the office. I'll be back as soon as I can.” France kissed my forehead.

“All is well Franny. Thank you for watching him.”

“You know I don't accept thank yous from you. It's always what I want and it's always my job to protect you and this cute little baby.” He smile at me.

“I love you France.”

“And I love you too.” He turned to my son and kiss his forehead. “And I love you my little monster!” My baby wiggled.

After my brother left, we made our way to the kitchen. He was no longer sobbing but his eyes were red from crying.

I made myself a coffee and I took the cake from the fridge. I settled down on the chair and I frequently fed him the chocolate syrup to his lips and he always giggled.

We were disturb by someone knocking on the door. It could be France, probably he left something again.

I took my baby with me and headed to the front door.

“What are you doing here?” I couldn't describe my feelings right now.

David is standing in front of me. He is still in his expensive suit while another man is holding an umbrella beside him.

His posture made him look fierce, and his sexy eyes were not looking at me. He was looking at my baby.

“May I come in?”

I didn't answer.

“I'm sure you don't want your neighbors to wonder why I'm standing outside your house.”

“You have no business here. Please leave.” I politely responded with sarcasm in my voice.

My baby jiggled probably to see who am I speaking to.

I cuddled him closer, but he was already extending his hands like he wanted to reach by the man in front of us. He was babbling baby words to David.

David came closer and he touched his cheeks with tender and loving eyes. My baby pulled his fingers. The thunder howled so strong and loud making my baby jump in fear. He hugged my neck tightly and I whispered soothing words to him.

David turned to the man holding the umbrella. “I'll be fine here. You can return now.” He said in husky voice and the man left right away.

David turned to us and he enclosed us by his arms to get us inside the house and gently closed the door behind. He removed his coat and turned his gaze towards me.

“Make I take him?” I didn't notice myself nodding.

He took my baby to his arms and my baby didn't protest instead he touched his father's face and kissed him in his lower jaw.

“My baby.” David whispered with loving voice. He was hugging him closer and kissing him on his head.

My son looked sleepy and feeble probably after crying hard. David was humming a song to him and my baby gently closed his eyes.

I tried keeping my tears from bursting. This is painful. I know I have been selfish of keeping my baby a secret to him, but I cannot live if I lost my baby.

I walked to the kitchen so I could wipe my tears without him noticing. I put the cake back to the fridge. The storm was getting terrible outside.

“Where will I put him?” David asked softly.

I strode towards them. I tried taking him away from his father's arms but my baby protested and cuddled his body closer to his father's.

“Let me.” David suggested sweetly. I couldn't stand his sweetness. It pained me more.

I led him to the bedroom. I noticed his eyes scanning the room. He must be surprised of how small our bedroom is compared to his bathroom.

“Your room is cute.” Seriously. This man found the stuff toys and colorful curtains cute?

“It's so comfy in here.” He added while gently putting my baby on the bed.

“I need to talk to you.” He said while touching my cheeks but I turned my face away and stepped out of the bedroom. 😡