29

QOTC
Should I get Lassie a girl-friend?
AOTC
Eh

//

Mine

Xavier? Did I just hear Xavier in my mind?

I was still hugging Martin, but he soon pulled away.

He got down on one knee, and took out a ring box.

"Martin—"

"Shh," he grabbed my arm to silence me. 

He opened the box, it was a ring. A rose gold crown ring. It was beautiful.

He slowly took it out, and take my hand in his.

"Martin.." I gasp, as he stopped midway of putting the ring on my finger.

"—no, I'm not proposing. It's a promise ring. Promise me that you'll always be my best friend," Martin interrupted.

"Okay— oof," Xavier had me in his arms, pulling away from Martin.

"Xavier!" I gasp, as he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck.

"Get off of me!—"

"Mine," Xavier growled.

"Congrats man," Martin patted Xavier on the shoulder. Xavier had a quicker reflex, and pushed Martin off.

He pulled me farther away from Martin.

"Xavier, what is wrong with you?!" I glared up at him, and he smiled back.

"Martin, help me!" I struggled to get out of his grip.

"I can't help you with that," Martin says, handing me the promise ring he got me, but never got to put on my finger.

Xavier growled at the sight of Martin handing me the ring.

"No worries, I won't do anything," Martin says, putting his hands up in surrender.

My relatives are all in the dining room, while I was near the door.

"You smell like vanilla with a hint of caramel. Is that even normal?" I asked Xavier, while sniffing.

"Yes," he chuckled, "give me that," he says, taking my ring.

"Hey!" I had gripped on his arm, trying to pry it off of me.

He stuffed the ring into his pocket, and Martin followed the others to the dining room.

"Couldn't you be any nicer?!" I whisper yelled once Martin was out of sight.

"I don't trust him," Xavier sighs.

"But you don't even know him!"

"Exactly—"

"Are you guys coming? I wanna eat cake," Martin interrupted, peeking around the wall.

"Yeah," I nodded at him.

Martin went back to the dining room, "Let's go," I said to Xavier, before I can make a step, Xavier grabbed me by the waist and hugged me.

He pulled away, and turned me around. He looked at me for a second, and looked at me strangely.

He was remembering something.