Chapter 30 - Life

First of all I want to say I am sorry for not updating sooner, but I have rewrote this chapter ... Sheesh he I don't know I stopped counting, after the sixth time and believe me there was many more after it!! :/

I want to dedicate this chapter to juhikishore200 for unknowingly giving m inspiration and direction to finish this chapter:) alright alright now on to the book :)))

HARMONY POV

I woke as chills bumps covered me skin. A frown tugged on my lips before I slowly rolled over and felt the cool sheets beside me where Carson had slept last night. From the coolness of the bed he hasn't been there in a while. Slowly I slid myself out of bed ignoring the ache that burned between my legs from last night. No sight of Carson anywhere in hotel room. Sadness pushed to surface but the thoughts of last night over rode it all. Being completely mated to Carson was an amazing feeling.

I wonder where he went? I hope he don't regret anything, the thought alone ruined my happy reminiscing thoughts. 'Will you stop it.' A growling voice spoke in my head, startled I jumped and looked around quickly. 'Is that you wolf, you sound different.' A low rumbling laughter made my body relax as the voice spoke again, 'no little one I am not your wolf, though I see why you have a lot of inner battles now.' I felt my lips tug at the corners of my mouth. 'Carson,' I asked almost confused. 'No Peter Pan.' I frowned, 'Peter Pan, why are you in my head did you replace my wolf? Wow this could be cool!'

I was lost in thoughts on what I wanted to ask Peter Pan that I didn't hear the door open behind me. "Little one, stop it, Peter Pan is not in your head." I spun around and I felt my face blush, realization struck like a Mac truck. "You, I oh.. My.. I.. Carson.. Why .. Errrhhh." I blushed as he made his way to me gently kissing my forehead. "Sorry, I couldn't resist, you forgot about the link between us now didn't you?"

I crossed my arms and gave him my best glare, biting my lip to keep from smiling, 'thank you captain obvious! And obviously so, though I will say I'd much rather Peter Pan in my head at this moment.' Carson grinned as he wrapped his in arm tighter around me.

We stood there forehead to forehead and never spoke a word, out loud. 'Your welcome Sargent sarcasm,' his voice was filled with humor and even if I wouldn't of picked up on it the wide grin that spread across his face was conformation. "Peter Pan can't make you feel the way I can little one." His voice was low husky as his warm breath spread across my face.

I felt the heat rise in my cheeks at his words and my body relax at the feeling of his breath. Gently he closed the gap and kissed me, making me forget everything but him and his lips on mine.

CARSON POV

I couldn't help it, I truly tired to stay out of her head and not interrupt her thoughts but when I felt her sadness and her mood drop along with her thoughts I had to do something. I heard edge surprise in egress voice when I spoke to her but nothing prepared me for her face when she honestly thought Peter Pan had replaced her wolf. It took all I had not to laugh out loud. She was just to dang cute for her own good, that mate of mine was going to drive me crazy, I already knew.

I broke the kiss and slowly led her to the balcony. The city that was lit up and roaring with life last night full of lights and and noises was now silent as the morning fog began to disappear. "What do you want to do today?" She took a moment to answer me and I let her be I didn't bother asking her what she was thinking about, I could feel it, hear it, which reminded me for the second time that day to teach her how to block her thoughts. I felt her torn between happiness with me and the sadness from the lost of her her parents, good and bad memories of the city swirled in her mind.

I kept to myself, letting her work out her own thoughts in peace. I pulled her back flush to my chest and gently wrapped my arms around her waste resting my chin on top of her head. Though I didn't say a word my silent gesture was a clear unspoken way of me being there for her to lean on. Her mind calmed down long enough to send me a clear silent message, 'Thank you.' Her voice was barely audible in my mind but my wolf picked it up as it snapped me from my own thoughts. I didn't respond, I felt her mind rush together like 5 o'clock traffic.

We stood there until the sun had forced the fog away and the city was starting to wake up before our eyes. Her small squirms to get out of my arms snapped my focus back on her. Reluctantly I loosened my grip as she pushed off my chest only turning and closing the gap between us again this time facing me. She studied me for a long moment her emotions clear on her face. "Carson, I want to go to the beach, I want to ride the amusement park rides, go to the museum, the Ma and Pa dinner down town that has the best home cooked food you could imagine, I want to do so many things but I want to move on, to make new memories with you."

I felt my heart stop in my chest, as her eyes shined up at me. She is simply amazing, there is no other way to put it. I kissed her softly, 'you are so strong little one. I love you.' She grinned up at me with a playful glint in her eye. "Well now that you have admitted I can take you on, let's get going, we have so much to do, I want to show you where I went to school, oh where I first shifted at..." She rambled on but it all became a slurring sound to my ears. I couldn't wipe the stupid grin at my face as I watched her beam with joy. So full of life and love, love for me and me alone.

I know it's short, but I couldn't go any further without ruining the next chapter or making this one a really really really lllooonnnggg one so :/ sorry hope you like it:)