- 18 -

"My mom is talking to the board as she viewed the tape from Dallas. It's a bit of a surprise how your plan worked so flawlessly and this definitely was a turn but it worked quite nicely!" Elliana complimented. It was about three days after the incident with Timothy. He still lurked around but that black eye was nicely showcased from the uppercut Melody served. She had a nice hit despite her small size.

"What can I say? I'm plenty good at plans off the fly," I replied casually. Of course, there was more personal problems than the games. Like my brother, my family, Jeremy, etc. Jeremy, speaking of him, I don't know what to do. I'm not going to act foolish (or at least not voluntarily) around him like a desperate girl but I just want to convey my feelings somehow. "Or at least I do my best to, it's taken time to be good at this type of thing. Many years of lies and punishments, only by parents. I swear."

"Ah, yeah, parents can be tough. Especially when my mom is a teacher; she doesn't let any bad grades slip unless it's a scantron. Those nasty things can mess up everything," Elliana nodded. "But that's not the only thing you came here for. I have a tendency to know when people want to talk, so talk to me!" She may seem intimidating somewhat, but she's a little less excitable than Wolf.

"Aaah, the only thing to talk about is-" I see Jeremy with Kyan walk up to us. I immediately shut my mouth. I don't want to blab when Jeremy is around. If he found out I would die, and I don't know if just figuratively.

"Hey Mazie, Elliana~!" Kyan greeted. Jeremy gave a two-finger wave to us. Casual greetings from the two, nothing new.

"Hey Ky, Jere." I have a tendency of making up nicknames, whether people like them or not I couldn't care less. Kyan gave me a smile and sat next to Elliana, while Jeremy took his spot next to me. I think the reason I like Jeremy better is simply due to the fact that I'm closer. We have this gravitational pull type of deal in a way. Opposites attract? I'm not sure, but mushy feelings is not what I was made for.

"Hey Kyaa~!" Elliana smiled at him. If I wouldn't end with Kyan, maybe Elliana would love him. They would be cute together, definitely. I could see the two growing into this bigger picture, a cute couple. A pair of gamers, since I have some knowledge of Elliana's span of video game knowledge.

"Ellia~" Kyan returned. They must have their own set of nicknames to share. I guess Jeremy and I do, as he occasionally calls me Maze like Caleb. Then I had mine for him. It's a couple thing I'm guessing, but I wouldn't really know. In my past, relationships were not my main focus. Protection of my brother and my education, the cliche but true things every girl internally wants. Other than materialistic things and boyfriends.

"How's Caleb?" Jeremy hummed. His voice was soft, yet loud for me to hear. He was trying to get used to this initiating conversations thing I'm guessing. I mean, it was a few months from our friend conversation. The year is going by in a blink of an eye. But I mean, it's still nice. One more year until college, where we all take our separate ways. Man, I sound poetic in a way. I guess that's what I get for staying with Caleb for more than an hour or two.

"Caleb's been well, he's getting around quicker than me almost. I can't wait until he's able to fully navigate without anyone or anything. I think his walking stick adds advantage when we race in the house." I reply. Jeremy nods and goes silent once again. To be honest, Caleb doesn't even race me anymore. It was something we did before he was able to get around without me holding on. I was really scared at first, but now I don't even see him often.

I assume you're thinking of when we're at home. The problem is, I'm usually not home. When I am, Caleb's not home. Yes, he's been home more than usual since he lost his game friends and became blind; but that doesn't make him entirely useless. He still manages to do stuff in his free time. I'm guessing he hangs around Elliott and Ren more, as they're willing to hang out with him. Maybe he's even managed to hook up with Elliott if he's lucky.

I, on the other hand, am hanging with Jeremy, Kyan, Melody, or just someone from the gang; if not all of them at once. I don't like being home if Caleb isn't there. My parents have been more active if you get what I'm saying. Another child when they can barely take care of the two they currently have. I wouldn't mind a younger sister or brother, but I'm not cruel enough to make them live how Caleb and I did. Plus, if they had another I would have to wait on a part-time job. That's what I'm doing when I'm at home. I'm trying to find a job so I can make money to pay off my debt to the doctor. Caleb's bill isn't far from being paid, thanks to my allowances and loans from Jeremy. Jeremy has really been the central star of hope for me lately.

"Kya, Jeremy, I need to go do something with Mazie. We're going to go shopping, since the end of the games will mean celebration. I need to help Mazie with lots of preparations." Elliana broke into my thoughts. Shopping? Why? She didn't expect me to get a haircut, a dress, and makeup right? I wouldn't mind a haircut or dress (though it's on a fine line of what's okay), but makeup is not something I usually wear. Caleb says I look beautiful with it, but it feels weird.

"Okay, Ellia, Jeremy and I are going to the computer lab. Just call me if you need anything." Elliana nodded, waved goodbye, took my hand, and dragged me away to her car. I entered the shiny silver car, and let myself get comfortable. She had nice leather seats, but they would be annoying during the summer.

"Tell me about Jeremy~!" was the first thing she said when she got inside the car.

Well, she was quick.