123 Nightmares

Yuna was surrounded by utter darkness. "What happened?"

She took a step forward. Beneath her was a floor. The earth shook. Far in the distance two giant, red glowing eyes and a huge, red mouth opened.

"Welcome, Yuna," roared Tirr's voice from the flaming horizon.

She squinted and looked around. "What is this?!"

"I promised you nightmares, didn't I? Are you willing to lose the last bit of your wretched mind?" A high, ubiquitous laugh accompanied his statement.

The huntress clenched her fist. "You don't scare me."

"You really are like a little lemming. What am I supposed to show you first?"

A lightning flashed through the black sky, if it really was a sky. Yuna closed her eye to not be completely blinded. The next moment she was back in a dungeon. She looked around disbelievingly. She was in a corridor, surrounded by cells. She went closer to one and peered inside.

A human figure crouched in a corner and jerked around. He babbled words and saliva dripped from his chin. What was going on here?

She went on, checking the other cells. In the fourth cell she discovered a well-known man.

"Father?!" wondered the huntress astonished.

Surprised, he looked at her and came to the cell grids. His hands wrapped around two bars. "Yuna. What are you doing here?"

She stepped to the grid and touched his hand with hers. "I came to free you."

He lowered his gaze. "But if you're here, he's got you."

"No. We are in the middle of a fight."

Kensuke released his hands from the bars. "Impossible. This is his prison."

"I'll get you out of here."

He snorted and turned away. "Forget it. You're no good. I shouldn't have relied on you."

The blue-haired stared at the back of her father. "No. I can do it."

"You're a disappointment, child." He turned back to her. His gaze wandered to the sword handle, which stood over her shoulder. "And you dare to profane my sword?"

"But... I..." He shook his head and stepped back from the grid. "Father..."

"You should be ashamed of yourself. I bet you couldn't save your siblings."

Yuna clenched her teeth from this accusation. "I did! They're all safe."

His eyes flashed angrily. "You dare to lie to me?"

"I'm not lying..." She felt like a little girl who had been scolded by her father because she had done something wrong.

"Get lost!"

Shaken, she stared at her father. "But..."

"Get out of my sight, you fool!"

A tear glittered in Yuna's eye. She clenched her fists and turned around. "You lie. That's not true. This is Tirr." She looked up at the ceiling. "I look through your game."

"Oh... but that's not a game. I'll show you only what's going on inside your head," echoed from everywhere.

It went dark again. A single room was lit. Yuna could look through a big window. A girl with white-blond, thinning hair lay in a bed. A sort of breathing mask sat on her face. The girl opened her glassy eyes and pulled the mask down. A long tube was stuck in her throat, but she pulled it out gurgling.