News From The Lava Mob

POV: Vikk

Warnings: Slight Angst, nothing really too bad, I think

-Begin Chapter-

"Hey Preston!" I called out at the screen, seeing his happy face as we Skyped for the first time since he landed in America. He had been there for only a few days but ever since he and the Cals landed, they have been making moves making it so he couldn't Skype or anything.

"Hey Vikk! How is it going?" he replied with his signature bright smile.

"Good. Me and the guys are going to look at houses in a couple days and I am really excited!" I said, slightly bouncing up and down in my chair. I couldn't wait to see the houses. I heard one of them even had a pool!

"That's awesome!" replied Preston, smiling genuinely.

"How are things with you and the Cals?" I asked, slightly calming down.

"Awesome Sauce!" he replied, his smile somehow becoming bigger. "They have been so helpful with helping me figure out what I should with my condo and office, and getting all of my paper work setup to send in so I can get citizenship in the UK."

"Are you going for full citizenship or dual?"

"Full, I've decided that there is little to no chance to me moving back here so, why not go all the way?"

"Makes sense. Man, I still can't believe you are moving here! We are gonna get hang out and do actual irl videos together!"

"Fudge yes!" he replied, fist pumping the air. "It's gonna be epic!"

I laughed at his enthusiasm.

"So how is Lachlan and Landon?" I asked curiously. I haven't heard from the Australian in quite awhile. I should really message him.

"Ugh. They act so cute and lovey dovey, it makes me sick." Said Preston, making it look like he was going to be sick, "It is nauseating."

"Bro, you do the same stuff with the Cals."

"Yeah well, I am amazing. Lachlan is just an Australian weirdo and Landon is, well, my cousin. Ew."

I laughed at him.

"You poor thing."

"Dang right."

"So..." I said, speaking slowly. "Have you guys told your families yet?"

Preston's high spirited happiness immediately disappeared with my question.

"Yeah. We told them last night actually." He looked sadder and sadder.

"What happened Preston?" I asked, almost afraid of the answer.

"Well, we all decided to do it at once, me and Cals and Landon and Lachlan, ya know, to make it easier. Landon and Lachlan went first and it...Vikk, it didn't go well."

"What happened?" I asked in a small voice.

"Landon's parents disowned him."

"WHAT?" I screamed out confused. "Why in the fucking hell would they do that?"

"Because they don't believe in relationships like that Vikk, at all. They don't believe that two guys should be together because it goes against the Bible. They wouldn't even make an exception for their son." Tears began to fall down Preston's face and he wiped them away quickly, trying to hide his pain.

"Oh no. Is Landon ok?"

Preston shook his head.

"No, he was really hurt by it. Lachlan is trying to comfort him, because he knows how important family is to Landon, but it's just not working. He is so torn up about it."