14. Crossfire

"This is the speed equation that you need," Eobard says to Barry while handing him what appeared to be a flash drive

"This is the speed equation that you need," Eobard says to Barry while handing him what appeared to be a flash drive. I narrow my eyes as I cross my arms, watching the hand off before asking the one question Barry had to have been thinking as well.

"How do we know that it'll work?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

Barry adds to it. "How do we know this is even it?"

"What, you don't trust me?" Eobard says, earning glares from both Barry and I both. Eobard gives the both of us a pathetic look. "It's the real deal, okay? Now time for you two to go back to your time."

My eyes widen. "Wait, weren't you the one that said he couldn't leave until we figured out how to stop this thing?"

"That's the beauty of time travel, Raven," Eobard says with a smile, making me growl lowly in my throat. "While it only happens to you in the blink of an eye, we'll still be here working towards a solution. So stop worrying about your precious Barry Allen."

"Precious?" I raise an eyebrow, not sure what he was hinting towards. I shrug it off however as he walks around Barry and I both, nodding for us both to come on. I guess it was finally time to go back.

By the time we stepped back into the lab, everyone's eyes were back on Barry and I. It still freaked me out that there were two Barry's standing in the same room, but I've already started to get used to it by now. "Our satellite finally found our floating friend."

Barry steps forwards and looks down at the computer screen, myself doing the same. There was a blue dot racing across the screen that said time wraith, and I could tell that it was moving at a good speed, not to mention that it was getting closer to us. Eobard said not to worry, but I couldn't help it.

"We better go," I say while turning to Barry, ready to get the hell out of here. It's not like the other point in time was my home, but it was closer to home than here.

Barry nods as he looks back up, eyeing the other Barry as he steps forwards. The two of them stare at one another before grabbing their middle pieces on their suits, switching them out. For a moment they stand there and acknowledge the given moment, but I was ready to go, especially after looking back on that screen and seeing the time wraith even closer than before.

"Barry," I say one more time before he slips his mask part of his suit on, along with me doing the same. He looks back at the others before muttering a "Thank you", but I didn't say anything. I had nothing to say.

I look up at him, nodding. "You lead, I'll follow."

He nods before darting off, a lightning bolt leaving a trace. I take a deep breath before running after him, dashing down into the pipeline and following Barry around and around in a circle so we could gain speed. It wasn't until about the third lap around I heard the time wraith behind me, chilling me to the core.