Thirty-four

Ellen

I wonder what's taking him so long.

After waiting for a couple of minutes I stood up from bed and fumbled through Yoongi's drawers.
It was something I started doing recentlyㅡ wearing Yoongi's shirts to sleep in.

After what took forever to wash my face and brush my teeth I walked out of the en suite bathroom to find the bedroom still empty.

I was too exhausted to stay up and I felt my eyes weighing down. I crawled under the covers and fell asleep.
I don't know how long I was asleep for or what time it was when I felt Yoongi getting into bed next to me.

Not bothering to wake up I remained laying on my side with my eyes still closed until I felt Yoongi wrap his arm around me and kissing my cheekㅡ I felt a smile spread on my face.
____________

"But he doesn't have to find out,"
"I'm going to do whatever I have to do for you even if I have to face your father"
"I love you Ellen..."
____________

I gasped for air as I woke up feeling my heart in my throat. I felt goosebumps all over my skin just remembering Eunho's voice.
My breathing slowed down after I familiarized myself with my surroundings.

I regret ever meeting you Eunho.

I turned to Yoongi who was sleeping face-down with his mouth slightly opened.

I picked up my phone and squinted my eyes at the bright screenㅡ 6:30 am
I quietly got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to showerㅡ my mind clouded with flashbacks.

___________

"You know you look beautiful when you smile,"

"And who are you?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Oh! I'm sorry where are my manners... I'm Eunho one of your father's new men," he bowed a complete ninety degrees.

"Well Eunho I'd appreciate it if you kept your comments to yourself "

He smiled at me pretending I hadn't just been rude to him.

"Ellen your father needs to see you, don't make him wait!" I heard my mother call from inside the house.
I rolled my eyes at the muscular man still smiling at me and walked inside trying to hold back a smile.

"Eunho..." I whispered to myself before shaking my head "he sounds like trouble..."

___________

I got dressed and finished my makeup rather quickly; and Yoongi was still sound asleep.

I was combing my hair in a trance as I stared in the mirror; recalling all the times I tried avoiding any connection with Eunho but his insisting always made it difficult.

I regret ever talking to you... I should've just ignored your comment that day like I usually ignored all of my father's men.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw Yoongi pop his head through the door frame into the restroom.

"You're up early," he said in his raspy morning voice as he hugged me from behind.

All of the thoughts running through my head just a few seconds ago disappeared as I glorified my boyfriends' appearance with messy hair and half closed eyes.