~ Chapter 2 ~

I quickly caught up to Paul, we ran side by side; with only a mile to reach Sam's house I picked up my speed and manged to slowly fly by Paul. I heard him growl in annoyance before picking up his speed as well, together we both jumped over a log and burst through the bushes and stopped at the sight of Sam's home.

"Beat ya sis"

I growled and turned my head to him "No you didn't bro, it was a draw"

"I won"

I shook my head and dropped my clothes "Your such a sore loser" I snapped my jaw at him playfully. Paul's wolf eyes spark with amusement, he crouched down and dug his claws into the ground. I copied his actions "First one to be pinned wins" I say to him as growls escaped our mouth.

Paul bowed his head accepting the challenge "Do whimper if I hurt you too much sis" He cockily says.

I rolled my eyes at him, that cockiness will always the better of him. It scares me sometimes, like what if he get too cocky when we take on a vampire and he underestimates it. . . . It could be the end of him, I wouldn't know I could cope without him.

I mean it's just the two of us against the world, our mother died when we were young and Paul beat the crap out of our father after he dared lay a finger on me. He then shot him out and laid with me in bed stroking my hair, telling me he would always protect me.

"I will never leave you Taylor" I growled at myself for letting that slip through the pack mind "I will always be there for you baby girl" He stood up and rubbed his head against mine before letting out a wolfy sigh "Okay, it was a draw"

"Too right it was" I sassed back at him "Maybe next time" I turn on my spot and head of bush to change back.

I walked out and went straight to the house, Paul came up to me and hung his arm over my shoulder "I will beat you next time sis"

"You wish" I smirked at him "Every time we race, I either win or we draw" I removed his arm and moved away from him before continuing "Maybe I let us draw because you can't move your fat wolf arse fast enough" Paul smirked and his eyes had a hint of mischievous in them.

"Fat wolf arse, huh!" He repeats, I nod my head a smile made it's way upon my face. I squealed as Paul quickly caught me in his arms and carried me into the house.

I giggled as Paul walked by the kitchen to the living room before dropping me on the sofa "Huff!" Paul gave me a thumbs up and rushed back into the kitchen as the smell of freshly baked muffins hit our noses.

My stomach growled, leaping from the sofa I rushed into the kitchen "Morning Taylor" Emily smiled at me, I walk over to her and gave her a hug. Me and Emily became quick friends when the whole wolf thing happened, Emily was easy to talk to about personal stuff. She's like an older sister and mother all in one and I could not ask for a better women.

Even if I didn't support the whole soul mate... Imprint thing, her and Sam made a wonderful couple; all loved up the pair were.

"So who won this mornings race?" She asked placing the muffins on the table. I quickly grabbed four as Paul grabbed six... Fatty.

"It was a draw" We both say with a mouthful of food, earning a slap on the back of the head from Emily.

"No talking with you mouth full" She scowled at us then gets back to work in the kitchen.

"Sorry mum" We mumbled, I saw the edge of Emily's lips twitch.

"Oh muffins" Jared spoke as he entered the house along with Sam. Jared headed straight for the food as Sam went to Emily and pulled her in for a cute kiss.

"Eww" I groaned.

"Shut up sis" Paul says throwing a muffin at me; which I successfully caught "Mummy and daddy are having a moment" He mocked.

"Paul" Sam warned him to shut up, Paul rolls his eyes and went back to his food "I swear you two are like toddlers" He shook his head "I knew these two were trouble"

"And yet you love us Sammy" I say with a sweet smile "Your life would be boring without us"

"True" He admits "But it would be peaceful" I growled playfully at him, making him laugh; his laugh was cut short by a terrified howl filling the air. Sam looks around the room to see we were all accounted for, he ran his hand over his face and sighed.

Someone else has phased.