Chapter 18

Sylvia looks at her sister through one sided glass. She bites her nails as she watches Kyra. She nearly screamed at her sister to death when she didn't respond to Kyra but instead to 259. It drives her crazy to see her sister respond to the name that the people who hurt her gave her and instead of the one that her own flesh and blood gave her. Father even called her Kyra.

Kyra is sitting on her bed rapped up in a ball with her back pressed up against the wall and silently mourns the people whom she was close to and have died. Sylvia wishes that she can take her sister's pain away but knows that Kyra has to figure this out for herself.

Sylvia looks down to see Duke, her dog, sitting beside her and staring at Night lying beside Kyra. Sylvia pets Duke and copies her memory and pain into his fur for her sister to find later. Sylvia puts her hand into the pocket of her coat and freezes as her fingers brush something thin in her pocket.

She pulls it out and look down terrified at the letter in her hand with the red skull on it. Sweat drips down her face and she opens the letter with shaking hands. She reads the letter and a single tear falls down onto the piece of paper. Sylvia looks up at her sister and sees a woman who is broken and is trying to mend back the pieces back together but needs help. She needs someone.

Sylvia looks over in the corner to see Bucky asleep on the couch, haven fallen asleep watching over Kyra. His mouth is hanging open just a little and she can see the bottom of his bright white teeth. He's in a red shirt, blue jeans, and a green coat. His hat has fallen beside him and she can see his metal hand peeking out from his sleeve.

Sylvia forms a weak smile on her face and puts the letter back into her coat pocket. Duke whines as if knowing what the letter said. She laughs at him, "Don't worry, Duke. Things are going to be alright, you'll see."

Sylvia looks at her sister, "She has someone to look after her."

Super short but next chapter should be much more interesting and longer. What do you guys think is gonna happen? I love hearing from you guys. Don't forget to vote.