s e v e n

🌿🌌🌿

A dark, velvet blue casted upon the sky, bright stars peaking out from the depths, and the moon, illuminated its surroundings as if it were shallow. The night was a biting sweat to the curly brunet who sat mindlessly on the porch swing, cushions comforting his back, and eyes a haze. The ice water in his hands sent cheers up his body ever-so-often, and even though the cooling water helped, it still wasn't enough to clear his dry throat.

Joshua sighed, sipping the final gulp before setting the glass cup by his feet, and leaning heavily back against the wooden chair. Slowly, his eyes lingered up, mind wandering to a certain angel, and grinning at how giddy the boy made him feel. The curly brunet began to tangle his fingers, a heavenly smile vividly flashing in his head, and he groaned, wanting to see the reality of it.

The distance squeak of a door caught his attention, finding his mother giving him a small smile, and timidly walking towards him to only sit down. They began to slowly rock back and forth, the silence between them a bit uncomfortable for Joshua as he cleared his throat.

"Kelly tell's me she's worried 'bout ya'."

Joshua looked to his mother, face smeared in confusion and his mother only giggled.

"Said that you've only gotten half of the bottom level of their house painted."

"It takes time, mama." His voice held a tingle of electricity, panic rushing through his veins as he tried desperately to calm them. "I-I just-"

"I know, sweetheart, I do." She sighed, scooting towards a paled Joshua, facing him slightly, and patting his shoulder to sooth his sudden burst of nerves. "Is it the heat? Is it too hot for ya'?"

Oh.

Joshua physically relaxed, taking a breath of fresh air before grinning and shaking his head. "M'fine, just chattin' with Tyler is all."

"He's been keepin' ya' company?" His mother smiled, a generous one, a smile that held oblivious tendency.

"Ya', he has, Tyler's very kind with his hospitality." Joshua knew he was pushing his limit, but it didn't cross his mind when his mother laughed, and settled comfortable back into the swing.

"M'glad you're makin' a friend, honey." Laura laughed, eyeing her boy with happiness as she continued on. "Tyler's a very pretty boy."

Joshua wasn't hesitant, but strong with his words, halting their motion and giving his mother the biggest grin.

"He really is."

💫

Joshua arrived earlier then usual at the Joseph's household.

There was energy rushing through his veins, enlightening his muscles with fire as he turned off the muffling cherry red truck. The sound of a certain door squeaking open and a pleasant voice rung out to him with upmost enthusiasm.

"Joshua, sweetie, hello!" Mrs. Joseph smiled warmly, laughing as he stumbled out of the truck with the same emotion written on his face.

"Hello, Mrs. Joseph!" Joshua toned back, quickly meeting her upon the white porch, and greeting her with a polite hug. "How're ya' this fine mornin'?"