#49 - Unity's friends

#49 - Headcanon - Unity's friends
-...-

There was a reason that Onity, who used to be a brave and curious kid, was afraid of Tyler and Mike when they first appeared unannounced at the mansion,  and why he tried to scare them away.

Unity had been living by himself in the mansion for maybe 3 years, when one day he ran into a group of young human kids hanging out in the forest. He normally stays away only to observe humans, but one of them had spotted him and decided to try to befriend him instead of run away.
There were about four kids who then became Unity's friends. They'd visit him after school whenever their parents let them play outside. The youngest was a girl about the age of 9, there was a girl and boy both 11, and the oldest was a boy about 12. The kids were shy and cautious at first, but as Unity opened up, so did they. The 11 tear old girl helped Unity with his english and the other three would draw with Unity on the walls of the mansion.

Unity was really happy he wasn't alone another, but then slowly the two boys began to act differently around him. It started as a joke, but the joke turned into the two picking on and making fun of Unity. They called him things that he didn't quite understand as a non-human, but knew were very negative by context. He tolerated it longer then he should have, but eventually Unity decided to stand up for himself.

It didn't matter that he tried peacefully to resolve this, speaking up to question their motives, he was an alien species with claws and magical abilities that was getting angry with them.  Unity's irritation scared them away and they never came back to see him. 

Unity felt bad, but more so confused. He didn't hate them for what they did, and the girls had no reason to leave, he wasn't mad at them. He realized he didn't understand humans to the small point he thought he did, and thought he is very curious about them still, he was afraid of them. He was afraid of scaring them again.

When Tyler and Mike appear randomly one day, and Onity basically cornered in a room, he wants to scare them away because, even though he'd like to trust them, he's scared he'll eventually scare them unintentionally. As the two continue to visit him, Onity gives up, but still fears messing up. This fear carries with him for awhile, but begins to fade away as he is invited to live with them, and he learns more about human culture. By the time he starts dating them, he's confident that he won't have to worry about accidentally scaring them away at all.