- 33 -

“W-what are you doing here?” I stammer, completely afraid of what this was about.

“Why don’t you sit down,” Jamie suggests.

“Why? What’s going on? Why are you here?” I repeat. I glance at Harry, but his eyes wouldn’t meet mine. My mind flashed back to earlier when he had first entered my bedroom. He was trying to tell me that Jamie called about something, but he never got to finish the sentence.

Jamie releases a deep sigh and looks at me with sorrowful eyes. “We have recently been tipped off about a certain celebrity scandal,” she says slowly.

“What? What are you talking about?”

“Nicole, its okay,” Anne solaces. “Just calm down.”

“No! What’s going on?!”

Jamie hands me an envelope. No more words were said because no more words were needed. The contents inside said it all.

‘Harry Styles is dating his foster sister Nicole Miller’  

Attached was a picture of us together. I could feel my muscles shake, and my knees went weak. I slowly sunk into the couch, my eyes not leaving the typed words in front of me. Tears soon enough began to fall. This is it. Now everyone knows.

“Who did this,” I demand.

“Nicole,” Jamie starts, but I cut her off.

Who did this?!” I repeat. “No one knew about this!” Harry sits next to me and wraps me up in his arms.

“It’s okay,” he mutters in my ear.

“The tip was anonymous,” Jamie explains.

“So, what?! Should I just start packing now? Or do I get to say goodbye first?”

“Nicole, the first thing you need to do is get your head on straight. Take a deep breath. Relax for a minute,” she advises.  

“If you were in my situation the last thing on your mind would be relaxing,” I snap.

“I understand where you’re at right now. Just please, try to calm down so we can work this out,” she pleads. Harry still hadn’t let go of me. I didn’t want him to. If I let go they might take him away from me.

“I’m calm,” I tell her, even though I wasn’t. I tried to keep my expression emotionless only so she could continue with the conversation.

“Okay. I’m sure you’re aware this is against the rules,” she starts off. I roll my eyes.

“Yes, I’m very aware.”

“I’ve already discussed this with Anne and Robin before you returned home. Now, you need to understand that the tip was sent to me directly. No one else in the system is aware of it,” she tells me. A seed of hope blossomed inside of me. “Nicole, you of all people should know that we have a strangely close relationship.”