Chapter 28

"Giving a child an education is by far one of the most important investment we can make"

-Usher-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

I get back home after Agata's Wedding shower and honestly, I feel really tired, but when I see Alan's face, I knew right away that he misses me and the only thing I can do for him right now is to spend my time with him.

I ask him what he wants to do and he says he want to take a walk around the neighborhood with Casper as well, and that simple wish just makes his eyes sparkle that it will be impossible for me to refuse.

It's almost evening now, and it's not hot outside so the weather's just perfect to take an evening walk.

So I ask one of the driver to bring me to the park, and from there on we can just take a walk around the neighborhood, meanwhile I take a collar and leash and put it on Casper

As soon as we arrive at the park, we see some other dogs playing around, and Alan who is holding Casper also get dragged as Casper excitedly run to the dog pack.

The dogs are really friendly as they accept Casper right away and as I follow Alan from behind I can hear him giggle as some of the dogs approach him to sniff him, them one of the dogs licks his hand which seems to tickle him a little bit.

One of the owner approach me and gives me a friendly smile. She tries to make a conversation with me, and she compliments Alan behavior.

"Children are really unique, aren't they ?" She says in fluent English, in knowing that my Italian isn't all that great yet.

"Their laughters just lift up one's mood, such precious things" she approaches Alan and ask him about his name, and Alan replies shortly.

"Well, Alan, you should grow up to be a gentleman, okay ? You good boy" she pats Alan shoulder before standing up and calls her dog back.

she gives me a friendly look, before her husband calls her and she says her greeting.

Well that was kind of nice for her to simply give Alan that kind of advice. I look at Alan who is holding Casper and we continue walking around on the street while talking about little things.

It mostly Alan who talks, he is very talkative and talks about so many things, starting from his school activities, his new favorite books, and how amazing his grade is, it's more like one of those silly bragging children do to impress their parents, and I listen to each of them with a smile on my face, knowing how adorable he is.

He also tells me that he wants to try my meals again because the meals the chefs make aren't as tasty as the ones I make which I'm sure isn't exactly true.

But I know there is something missing about him, sure, he is a bright child, but something about the way he talks about his everyday life just kind of strange in a way. Something is lacking in it and I'm not sure what exactly it is.

We walks until we meet a little playground for children. This playground looks like one of those ground I found on my childhood, I remember I used to come here with my mother when I was really little, I was probably only three or four years old back then, but I knew I had fun.

I look at Alan as he stares at the playground, and at that moment, I saw something in him.

I see a normal child, wanting to play in the play ground.

I am actually quite surprised by myself that I have never noticed it before, his everyday life only consists of school, and additional courseS. He barely has any time to play at all. Judging by Stefano and everyone else around him. They seem to prefer him reading books or just staying in his room being a good boy, he goes to adult parties and are told to act a certain way in maturity, and people forget that inside he is a normal child who wants to play.

I sigh and I take the leash from his hand, he looks at me in surprise and I give him a tender smile.

"Go ahead, I'll give you time to play"

He gives me a big grin as he runs to the slide and start sliding around. The ground is covered in grass so it's safe, and there is a little out bond type of mini building with several stairs, spider net, and a bridge connecting two sides, and a slide on the other end,  where he just goes there and when he reaches the bridge, he waves at me and I wave in return.

I feel so happy watching him play like that, I don't know why but small things like this make me very happy. He plays on the swing as well and feel the sand from the sandbox.

He really takes his time playing and it's starting to get dark, I call our driver to pick us up and I call Alan telling him that it's time to go home.

He runs at me and we walk to our car and ready to get home.

At the car, I see him looking really happy as he caresses Casper's fur and has a big grin on his face.

I can't stop smiling myself, it was just a simple thing but it really meant a lot for him.

And it leaves me wondering.

Was Stefano like Alan as well ? After all he is the only son of his family line, and judging by his character now it seems like he didn't have the time to have fun as a kid, maybe that's why he is like that now, what can I do to bring back that sense of having fun ?

Maybe I will have to figure it out.

But right now everyone will be busy for Agata's wedding which will be held in a few days. And I myself have to get ready for that, since Stefano has arranged a few things for me.

But let's just hope for the best.

***

Author's Note

Hello Readers !

Thank you for reading this chapter right here !

I want to apologize since I'm supposed to update it yesterday but I adopted a dog and I had to help her get adjusted to things so I didn't have time to write.

And this chapter isn't exactly the best since I have to take breaks several time while writing since I'm pretty busy today taking care of the dogs and all.

But anyway, the next chapter will be about Agata's wedding and we are about to reach the climax of the story so stay tuned for that.

Please vote and comment, they mean a lot

Love,

Celestial X Cross