Troubled!Sniper X Reader

So this is dedicated to that chick who wanted some Snipes. This is gonna talk about Sniper's rough times when his parents die. Hope you enjoy loves! :*

Bottles of liquor and coffee stains littered the floor of Sniper's camper. The atmosphere inside didn't look too well either: dark, grey, gloomy- it perfectly matched its owner's mood. And that is why you came here in the first place, cuz you were Sniper's good friend and all.

"Snipes?" you called out. As expected, silence greeted you and lead you further inside the vehicle. To your surprise, Sniper wasn't here to snarl at you or tell you to go away. You looked side to side: Where could he be?

On cue, you heard a loud crashing noise in the house next to the camper. It was a simple wooden house with decent space for a front yard. And it was then you remembered!

Sniper has a house.

Weird as it may seem, you almost forgot that Sniper is capable of living inside a house as much as in a camper. Brushing these thoughts out of mind, you quickly barged in and was greeted by a defeated Sniper sitting on a creaking, worn couch. His head was hung low, but you could still see his teeth glistening as his mouth twisted into an ugly snarl. The Aussie was trying too hard on repressing his emotions that he hardly noticed you...or he just didn't care at all.

"Wot are ya doin 'ere sheila?" Sniper asked, looking up at you for the first time in many days.

"I-I wanted to check on you," you said, stepping forward. "You haven't been out for...who knows how long."

Sniper pursed his lips into a firm line, his jaw tensing dangerously as he shifted his gaze somewhere other than your face. This worried you a whole lot- and even more so when you saw tears brimming his eyes.

"Mundy...your parents wouldn't want to see you like this."

A pause and then a sharp intake of breath.

"Oi- Oi'm not...Oi'm not their real son sheila."

"What?!" you nearly shouted, shaking the stillness of the building.

Instead of answering, the bushman merely choked a sob and hastily wiped the back of his arm across his red eyes. You hugged him without warning and you felt his chest harden against your body. There he goes again, hiding his feelings and his troubles under that tough guy persona.

"Sniper, it's okay to let your walls come crashing down once in a while," you say, tenderly caressing his face. "There's nothing wrong with it; everybody has to feel vulnerable and helpless sometimes," you paused as you flashed him a smile, "even you, tough guy."

"Oi...Oi just don't understand sheila," Sniper sighed sadly, gripping your hand in his.

"Do you feel betrayed Mundy?"

"No, no!" the Aussie exclaimed. "It's not that Oi'm adopted...it's just- didn't...moi real parents love me sheila?"

"You don't know that," you said firmly as tears started to form in your own eyes. "Maybe something happened, maybe- I don't know, but...we can't say for sure Mundy."

Sniper opened his eyes to stare into your own and watched as you raised a hand to cup his stubbled cheek. You couldn't bear seeing him so crestfallen- you wanted to help in anyway you could.

"Thanks sheila," he chuckled raspily. "For bein' 'ere for me...
you always have."

You were ecstatic: For the first time, he smiled. Sniper finally smiled- and it was because of you! You were so happy that you couldn't help kissing him on the forehead.

"I'll always be here," you whispered lovingly whilst fixing your eyes at him.

"Oi hope so," Sniper teased. "Whattya say we go somewhere and ditch this place for awhile?"

You were to quick to jump on your feet. "What do you say we go to the ice cream parlor?"

"Oi knew ya were gonna say that," the bushman shook his head with a grin. You were quick to grab his hand and quick to drag him out of the house. Sniper and you walked two blocks before reaching said shop and settling in.

"What are you gonna get?" you asked as you leaned over the counter featuring the different flavors of ice cream.

"Vanilla," Sniper replied without so much as missing a beat.

"Vanilla? I thought you'd be one to go for coffee," you chuckled, turning back to him.

"Eh. That's whot the guys said as well- but some blokes can be full of surprises."

A little later you came back to your table holding two cones: one vanilla for Snipes and another (f/f) for you. While seated, you noticed that your companion rarely took his eyes off of you. The mere fact made you blush, and you awkwardly tried to hide behind your sugarcone.

"Whot are ya hidin' from sheila?" Sniper asked in that low, raspy voice of his. "It's not me, is it?"

"I-uh-!"

"Ya got the hots for me, don't ya sheila?"

You bit your lip and playfully slapped his arm as he teasingly brushed his long legs against yours beneath the table.

"Mundy!" you squealed. You intently focused on the man before you as he finished the last bit of his cone.
You bashfully finished yours and you two stood up and calmly went out of the parlor. Walking back, a hand suddenly snaked its fingers into the spaces between your own. You found Sniper still focusing on the road before him, as if he wasn't holding your hand- in public, for everyone to see.

Thankfully, the skyrocketing emotions were repressed, not so well if you may say so, until you were back at Sniper's place. Reaching for the door handle, the bushman looked towards you and tipped his hat a little, just enough to hide his eyes in the shade.

"Hey, uh...thanks for everythin'."

The sincerity in his words made your heart flutter. You held his arm tenderly while your eyes gleamed brighter than ever. "It's nothing Mundy, really."

"Hm, well..." he nearly growled, holding your face with his rough hands, his fingers feeling your blushing skin.

"M-Mundy..."

"I hope this'll mean somethin' to ya..."

The bushman leaned in and brushed his lips against your own before kissing you completely. You barely registered that this was happening when his arms snaked around your waist and pulled you as close as he wanted you to be.

"S-sniper...!" you gasped when he finally pulled away.

"I've always had the hots for ya love," he laughed merrily, pressing his brow unto yours. You were so close to him that you could smell his musk and the scent of gunpowder, and quite frankly, you found it overwhelmingly sexy.

"I- me too," you whispered, happy and awestruck to be encased in his arms.

"No need ta be shy love, although- you've always been so cute when ya do that."

"I'm just glad you're happy now Sniper...if you need me, I'll be there."

"I know ya will," Mundy smiled. "And that's whoi Oi love ya."

I don't know why but I was like a lovestruck puppy while writing this. X3 Thanks for the reads guys- really means a lot! :*

~