❦Chapter 12❦

Be careful on who you trust, the devil was once an angel.

「️♔️」️

I was walking my way towards our room, funny how I easily remember the way, maybe it was due to the fact that I was paying more attention to my surroundings.

I wasn’t focusing on where I was going when I bumped into someone causing me to fell to the floor, making a huge ‘thump’.

‘You really do pay attention, don’t you?’ Myr said sarcastically as she laughs at me.

‘Oh stop laughing at me’

“I am so sorry, are you okay?” a female voice spoke up; I stopped rubbing the ache on my butt as I lifted my head to examine the person. She has blonde hair and vibrant green eyes, she is pretty.

“Yeah, I am fine” I waved my hands in the air dismissively. She looked unsure as she offered her hand to me.

“Here, let me help you” I nodded as I took her hand and she pulled me up, I stood up and dusted my pants.

“Are you sure you are okay?” she asked as I look at her and gave her a reassuring smile before I answered.

“Yes, I am sure I am fine, no need to worry”

“Great! Sorry about what had happened earlier, can we start over? Hi, my name is Lily” she smiled widely as she took out her hand for me to shake.

“And my name is Scarlett” I said to her as I shook her hand.

“You are the King’s mate, am I right?” I was taken aback, no one but the guards and Jace knew about this, so how come she knows?

“How did you know?” I asked as I eyed at her suspiciously. She paused for a moment as if she was thinking of an answer. Weird.

“One of the guards is my mate, he kind of told me how the King found his mate, I hope you do not take it as an offense that he had said it, plus he kind of mentioned that the King’s mate's name is Scarlett” okay, maybe that explains it all, but it is still weird, how she spoke it I mean, it was as if she was calculating her every word. I just shrugged off the strange feeling, I always wanted to have a female friend around, none of the girls back at my old pack seemed to like me that much.

“So, where are you going?” she asks me, quite desperate for answers, is this how people make friends? Do they ask them random questions just for them to have a conversation?

“Um, I was actually going to my room, I was bored and Damien is busy, plus we have a date this evening so I was trying to find something to do to pass out time” I admitted to her and I was slightly embarrassed, did I really had to tell all that to her, I mean TMI?

She seemed to be off for a while before she smiled widely at me.

“Well come on! If you want to have some real fun then let’s go and have some!” she exclaimed as she giggled like a bubbly teenage girl and I just chuckled at her, amused of her attitude before I nodded my head, she grabbed my hand and led me to God knows where.

Me and Lily went to the mall since she wants to buy new clothes and told me that I also need a new dress for our date, I asked her why I also need a new dress, I mean I could use my dresses and safe to say she looked mortified, we don’t need to spend money for a new dress for every occasion.

After a couple of times of us arguing, I finally gave up; she had the stamina of a cheetah when she talks and has a pair of unresisting puppy eyes, that you can’t literally say ‘no’ to.