39: Lost Lives

Nagsilapitan na ang iba pang Turned sa tabi ni Alistair. Their faces were all cracked and their eyes were red as blood.

All of them were wearing a confused look but some of them left after smelling the tempting blood from witches around the place. Yes, I knew they couldn't control their bloodlust every night. Well, those Turned who didn't get proper guidance at least. So I assumed that these vampires with Alistair right now were the ones who could control themselves.

"You, traitor!" galit na asik ni Alistair habang nakatingin kay Lucinda.

"I'm a practical person, Alistair. You don't benefit me. Might as well leave your nonsensical and empty promises," Lucinda smirked after seeing fear in Alistair's eyes.

"Florence!" malakas na sigaw ng lalaki.

Right. His wife was not in his crowd. Where could she be at this instant?

Napakunut-noo kami nang tumawa nang malakas si Lucinda.

Did she kill Florence?

Seemed like Alistair was thinking the same. His anger was visible on his face again. I could feel the hatred that radiated from him.

"Sugod!" sigaw n'ya.

At bago pa man ako maka-react ay sinugod na kami ng napakaraming Turned mula sa iba't ibang direksyon. Pinalibutan pala nila kami.

Titus immediately hid me behind his back as he used his psychokinesis to throw the vampires attacking us away from our direction.

Naramdaman ko rin sina Nadine at Matteo sa likuran ko. They were fighting also using their bare hands.

Napalunok ko dahil pinalibutan nila ako to protect me. Ganito na ba ako ka-useless? I caused them trouble but I couldn't even bring myself to fight just to survive?

I looked at Nadine. She was fighting four vampires at the same time with all her might. Hindi n'ya alintala na nakasuot siya ng mahabang gown at high heels.

I looked at myself. Naka-gown din ako kaya pinunit ko ang gilid n'on kaya nalantad ang kanang binti ko pero nakakakilos na ako nang mas maayos. And I removed my high-heeled shoes.

Si Matteo naman ang binalingan ko. He on the other hand seemed to be using his mind reading power. He seemed to know every move his opponent was about to make.

Magnus, Orpheus, Yadira, Mr. Brigham, Mr. Horton and the rest were also busy fighting. The older vampires seemed to be very strong also.

And Titus. He was fighting without making physical contact with the enemies. He was snapping their necks, decapitate them and threw them away with just a wave of his hands. He looked so strong and powerful fighting while wearing a white tuxedo with red bow tie.

Parehas sila ng kanyang ama. Psychokinesis was crazy scary.

I trembled. So this was why people were scared of them. It was as if they didn't need to exert effort to end someone's life.

I breathed deep. I shouldn't be standing here and be an audience. Hindi naman kasi ako baldado para protektahan nila ako nang ganito.

I took my first step outside the circle that the three made and that made Titus look at me with a frown on his forehead.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I will fight."

Ilang sandali siyang hindi kumibo. Akala ko ay hindi siya papayag but he stepped aside and let me out of their protective circle.

A scary vampire was immediately making his way towards me. I saw bloodlust on this face.

Instinct took over me. I slid on the ground kneeling and punched his stomach with all my strength. Kaya naman napaigik s'ya at napaatras. I didn't train everyday to be useless.