Chapter 33: Hold my hand

Saira's P.O.V

Their Highnesses asked us to stay for dinner. We did as they wished and had dinner with them.

I was afraid that they would hate me for being in a relationship with their son but they were really happy to see me. My nerves were on the edge but somehow I managed to stay calm. I could feel my heart, which was completely fine the last year, aching again. And then it suddenly happened. I couldn't breath anymore.

"If you would excuse me, I need some fresh air.", I interrupted the conversation between Iroh and his father, Prince Hayao.

Iroh gave me a worried look:"Are you okay? Should I accompany you?"

"No thank you. Please enjoy the night."

I stood up and walked out of the room slowly.

Breath Saira. Breath

I tried but my lungs were burning. It got worse this time. My feet carried me to the balcony and I finally got some. But it didn't help.
Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me and I calmed my self down. I felt a hand on my waist and tried to control myself.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am."

"Are you sure? You look really pale. If you want to go home, it's fine. We can leave."

"No, no. I'm fine, Iroh. I guess I have just eaten too much. Enjoy your time with your family. You haven't seen them since months."

"Are you kidding me? You have barely touched your meal. Saira, if you feel unwell, it's better to leave. Take rest."

"I told you I'm fine.", I lied. I didn't want to ruin this night. Not because of my damn body.
Iroh kissed my forehead and nodded.

"Hey. Do you want to see Medora?"

"You know I can't say no to your sister.", I joked.
I just loved Iroh's little sister. She reminded me of my own sister Sarina when she was little.
As Iroh and I sneaked in her room, the little princess was already asleep on her big brother Lu Ten. He fell asleep with a book, I guess a fairytale, on his face.

"Aw that's so cute.", I whispered,"Do you have a camera?"

Iroh smiled sheepishly, nodded and walked out of the room. I took the book off of Lu Ten's face and placed it on his chest, so he wouldn't look hilarious on the picture.

I wish Taemin was here. He loved capturing special moments like this and he always manages to make the pictures look magnificent.

As Iroh came back, he handed me the camera and lit up a small fire, so it wasn't completely dark.
I took several pictures and after the eighth picture, Lu Ten woke up.
He looked completely pissed. Iroh's little brother gestured us to take Medora off of him. I walked next to him and lifted the little princess up, so Lu Ten could move away. As I layed Medora down, she wrapped her arms around my neck. I was caught in her little arms and didn't know what to do. I didn't want to wake her up. Behind me, I could hear the two men chuckle. I waited for Medora to fall in a deep sleep so I could free myself of her arms.
As I succeeded, I turned to the brothers, grabbed their hands and led them out of Medora's room.

"What was so funny?"

"Nothing.", Iroh answered.

I raised an eyebrow. I knew something was fishy.

"Really. It's nothing baby.", Iroh leaned forward and have me a brief kiss.

"Could you please keep your hands, body, lips or whatever off sissy-in-law when I'm around? That's so ew."

"Yeah Iroh. Keep yourself off me. Seriously Iroh.", I joked.
Suddenly my heart ached again. I grabbed Iroh's arm to get support since my knees got weak. He immediately held me.

"I think it's time for us to leave.", Iroh said, causing Lu Ten to give me worried looks and to help me too.

"I-", I took a breath,"Told you that I'm fine. Stop overreacting."

"You call that overreacting? You're sick and still standing here.", Iroh raised his voice.

"Is it possible that you are pregnant?"

Iroh and I gave each other shocked looks when Lu Ten finished his sentence.

"Impossible.", the older brother said.

"You sure?"

"Hundred percent.", I said,"I just need a break, I'll be fine then."

"Alright."

Iroh's P.O.V

I was worried about Saira. The last half hour her health got worse. She couldn't breath properly and she still hold her chest, where her heart was placed, in pain. Saira kept telling me that she was fine but I didn't believe her. She was pale and shaking. As I touched her hands she was freezing.
Soon my parents joined us and were worried too.

"This does not look good, dear. You should visit your doctor."

"Or our doctor, Hayao.", my mother told my father.

"Oh yes. I have completely forgotten, that they are here too."

"I really appreciate your help but I'm fine. I had this one year ago too and it faded."

"Saira dear. I am or better said, we are worried about you. What if this is worse than you think?", mother said.

Saira let out a sigh:"I will let myself check tomorrow. "

Before my mother or Saira could say anything, I interrupted: "I think we should. I'm sure you are very tired, Saira."

My girlfriend was about to say something but then she just nodded.

We gave our farewells to my family and headed out. It was cold outside and I gave Saira my jacket.

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Aren't you going to be cold?"

"I'm fine.", I said and kissed her. My hand was holding hers to make sure that I could pick her up in case she collapsed, while my other arm was wrapped around her waist.
We slowly stepped down the stairs to my car, leaving hers in front of the palace. I hold the door open for her to step in and got myself seated when I closed her door.

Saira fell asleep during the ride home. As we reached, I carried her to my house, not wanting her to leave alone this night.

Suddenly I felt as if someone was watching us. But I was to busy carrying Saira inside that I completely ignored it.