Chapter 45: The End of Book 2

Chapter 45
The End of Book 2

After Kieran and Cloud are done talking, Cloud gives him a huge gap that seems like he doesn't want to let go of his mate. I can practically see how worried sick is Kieran going to be when we all depart to the Spirit Realm.

Before going away, I decide to pay a visit to the guests we have. It's just in the west side of the pack land. I tell Dave that I'm just going to the infirmary to visit the guests, and Dave nods at me, motioning for me to go on.

When I reach the place, it gives me the gloomy feeling. Being in the infirmary reminds me of Dave lying down on the bed, seeming lifeless and pale. That image replays inside my head like a broken record when I step into the infirmary building. I try to push the thought out of my head as I don't want to ruin the mood I have, but it keeps getting inside my head like a video that is always on display.

Sighing, deciding that I should do this quick, I immediately and quickly head inside the room where Dylan and Shawn are. I knock thrice on the door, and the voice of Beige seeps right through the ajar door. Opening it wide, I see Dylan sitting on the edge of the bed, Shawn still on the bed, lying lifeless.

Compared to the time that I have first seen him, Dylan is in a good condition right now. The bags underneath his eyes are gone and his lips are masked with a smile. He looks at me with his eyes swirling with positive emotions: happiness and relief.

Beige, with her hair pulled up in a bun, checks Shawn's vital signs, and nods to herself. "Your boyfriend here is doing pretty great. He's recovering fast when we have given the meds, so in no time, he'll be waking up; I assure you that."

Just when I thought that Dylan's smile couldn't get any wider, his whole face lights up and he's like a little kid waiting for the star on top of the Christmas tree to light up brightly. "Really?" He asks, his voice laced with being excited and relief as he looks up at Beige. Beige nods happily at him and Dylan sighs, resting his head on Shawn's arm. "I'm so excited. We've got so much to talk about, Shawn. You gotta wake up your lazy ass as soon as possible."

"It's good to see that you're doing great," I say, chuckling. "When I first saw you, you looked like shit. By the way, we're off to the Spirit Realm, and you don't need to come with us. Stay by your boyfriend's side. He needs you more than we do."

"Thank you," he whispers, running his hand across his hair. Beige excuses herself after checking Shawn's vital signs, ambling her way out of the room as she flips her hair. "So Brent will join you?"

"Yes,"

"I wish you guys good luck," he sighs, shaking his head. "I'm not much of a use right now, but I'll make it up to you and the Great Alpha and the others someday."

"No need to worry about that," I state, putting a hand on his shoulder. "We've got your back."

Dave is running his hands across my chest, and stands right in front of me with the smile that I love so much. He wears it like the most precious jewelry in the world, and nobody could match its beauty and glory. With his smile, I could easily fall down on my knees and beg for him. I'm vulnerable whenever I'm around him. Perhaps it's a curse, but it's also a gift. Dave has brought out something in me that I didn't know I possess.

His love for me is so strong like a perfume, and it's invading my whole body. He's shaking me to the core. He could do anything to me without me having a complaint.

My love for him is also strong. My love for him is like a sun soaring in the sky. You know that it will always be there, and it's never going to leave. Sometimes I wonder if all these are illusions of my mind, and when he touches me, I'd like to believe that this is all a dream. But when he starts to pour out his emotions on me, I know that this is reality and that I already have him in my life.

The love that we have for each other, it's powerful. More than anyone could think of. It's like beating a boss on a Playstation game, and you're just level one, a newbie, with no weapons at all. But it's more than that. It's beyond words.

"You know how much you mean to me?" he asks me as he rests his head on my chest, his hands trailing across my arms until those hands of his reach mine, holding it softly. I gently sway with him, planting a kiss on his temple. "You mean the world to me. You mean everything to me. Sometimes, there's this thought inside my head that if I lose you, I would totally lose myself, too."

Leaning down, I capture his lips with mine and our lips move in passion, colliding and turning heated as seconds tick by. The warmth of his lips seeping right through our kiss to mine, it feels amazing. He gives me butterflies in my stomach, just like what I always expect when he plants his sinful lips on mine. Dave is really a good kisser. With his tongue teasing my mouth, he could make me crazy.

His thoughts are jumbled as we kiss, and I'm sure that he hears my thoughts, too. My heart is slamming against my chest, looking like it wants to bolt right out of my chest and throw flowers around us. My heart speaks of Dave's name, the sound coming out of my lips like I'm begging. My body is basically on fire as his hands tease my back, running the tips of his finger across my neck and a moan escapes my lips when he tugs my lower lip.

As we pull away, we're breathless. I'm sure Dave notices how I'm craving for him, how I just want to ravish him all day and night with no stopping. He looks at me through half-lidded eyes, and I look at him through my lashes. His eyes are clouded with lust and love, and it mirrors mine.

"I feel the same way," I say dazedly, resting my forehead against his, smiling. "I have this thought inside my head that if you ever go away, or walk away, I'd go insane." Pecking him on the lips, he groans when I hear Peitho complaining about the pecking. I throw him a smirk. "Please tell Peitho not to be a naughty wolf."

Zane howls in laughter, pounding his paws. "Very naughty, indeed. I could just take him here and then. Are you hearing me, Peitho? Can you hear how much I'm craving for you and Dave?" As if on cue, Dave moans out loud, mixed with a groan. "When this all ends, I'll have my way. I'll do things to you that I'm sure you'd like..."

"Okay, stop that, stop that," I say, chuckling breathlessly, feeling my underwear tightening. I push Zane's thought out of my head, completely blocking him out. Going on a battle with a huge boner is not really a good idea, or very appealing at all. "Let's go. Cloud must think that we have already run away."

Dave chuckles, trying to hide his boner at me, though I have seen already how hard he is. As he turns around, I smack his butt and he yelps, shooting me an icy glare and I laugh, running out of our – used to be mine only – room. "You'll pay for that, asshole!"

"If you want it, come and get it, na na na na," I sing at the top of my lungs, laughing like a buffoon. Dave trails behind me, running with the same speed as I. I run faster, not wanting him to catch me. He laughs, taking the strands of his hair away from his face as I look over my shoulder, grinning at him.

The battle will just be another obstacle for us and we'll let everyone know at how good we are when it comes to ending battles. We will let the enemies know at how powerful we are and how they should not mess with us.

With the love we have for each other, it's enough to make us keep going. It's enough to fuel ourselves to fight, to push ourselves further, to just keep holding on until everything is okay.

The battle will just be another day for us and we'll sure we'll get through the hellish days of our lives. As long as Dave is with me, and I with him, the worse days will be just another day and a rainbow will always shine the next day, just like the love we have for each other.

T H E    E N D

S E E    Y O U    A L L    A T

"The Reality of Nightmare"

S O O N: BOOK 3