Chapter 29 - Bogdan's POV

**Bonus Chapter**

Bogdan's POV Chapter 29

Slivers of moonlight stretch across the cloudless sky, clinging to faceless strangers and casting shadows across the lonely pavement. A stray couple huddles together near the bus stop. The shorter one shudders from the cold and points to the schedule taped to the light post. The lower right edge flaps against the chilly breeze, its paper edges curled and frayed.

They aren't waiting for the bus route, though. At least, I should surely hope not. It shut down over a month ago due to the war. Their passengers fled and the drivers hastily followed behind them. All that's left are the beastly vehicles now sitting idly in the streets collecting dust.

The taller one says something, and I lean forward on the balls of my feet to hear it. Mother Nature has a different idea, though, and the words are gobbled up by the hungry wind. The couple moves closer together. The shorter one shakes their hands out of their pockets, winding their arms around the waist of their companion.

The innocent moment becomes intimate, and I look away.

Many of my kind would continue to indulge out of mere curiosity, but I don't see the point. We're not programmed to have those types of moments or feel the types of emotions that lead up to them. We have evolved to not let emotion stand in the way of our duties.

Even with Finn?

The teasing whispers dances through my mind. My jaw tights to the point of becoming painful. The human's name seems to be searching for permanent residency in my mind. At first I just thought it was from the potency of his blood; I craved him because he has the blood of a Nirv.

After the first time I properly fed from him, however, other thoughts started settling into my mind as well. It started with his sunken cheeks, then his soft eyes, and then his timid voice. It even started noting the subtle nuances of his changing facial features as one emotion flitted to another.

The blood of a Nirv is powerful. There's no denying that. From what I know, however, they only captivate an immortal because of their blood. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yet with Finn I find myself craving more. To taste him. To touch him. To fuck him. And while it is very normal to lust after a mortal during a feeding, to lust for one after is a rare thing indeed. It becomes less of a primal instinct and more of a desire.

My nostrils flare, inhaling the scent of Finn's blood now packaged away in two bags in the bottom of my carrier. Even without sex, the human is willing to bend to my requests. It's painfully obvious he wants more from me. I can smell it from his emotions. He lusts for me almost as much as I lust for him.

Shamefully, the human is making an impact on me. His very being is saturating the threads of my mind, weaving through my thoughts like a toxic drug. When I'm not with him, I think of him. When I am with him, I can't get enough.

The realization is unnerving.

It's a vicious cycle, and a dangerous one at that.

A subtle beep emits from the radar detector in my pocket. I push away from my post and hug my jacket closer to my body. The gesture is nothing more than a social cue I have learned from watching humans for many, many years. Normally I don't bother with them, but since we are in the heart of human land, I decide it's best to play by their rules.

The heel of my boots scrape across the pavement, and my ears perk when I hear a similar gait approaching mine. It takes only a minute before his stride falls in line with mine. The two of us walk side by side, wordlessly.