Chapter 12 : Forget it all.

"In the farthest corner, I will find you."
- Kiss of Deception, by Mary E. Pearson.

Princess Adela woke up with the sunlight shining bright in her eyes, and her head was throbbing so badly that she clutched it and grunted. It was like tiny explosions going off in her brain one by one, and the pain was so much that she sat up, and closed her eyes tightly against the pain.

What happened? Why did her head hurt so bad? Oh, right. She realised she went crazy drunk last night at the bonfire. She should really get a hold on her drinking habits, it was just getting too much.

She sighed and ran a hand down her neck. And then stopped. Dead. Her eyes widened as she realised what happened last night. As everything fit into place. All the blurry memories came at once, and they hit her so hard she fell off the bed.

"What..." She said to no one, and ran her hand down her neck again. This time gently. All the places his lips had traveled, all the way up till her earlobe. The way he'd gripped her, the way they'd danced dizzily. And all of it, all of it happened when she was too drunk to think.

She didn't really mean any of it, did she? The way her body had reacted to him being so close, him asking her if she wanted him to stop. And then her answer came back echoing in the silent halls of my mind.

No.

She was up, off the floor before she even knew. She had to clear the stupid misunderstanding. Of course, he didn't mean any of it either. They were just too drunk and by chance, alone too. Their hormones were messed up and freaky and were doing weird things to their bodies. It was no big deal. Nothing at all.

Sebastian was the guy she didn't like. She hated him. She was doing everything she could to get away from him. It was Christian she liked, Christian. The perfect Prince. The Prince who had everything.

The servants helped her dress up like always, and when she calmed down, she was able to walk out of her room. She walked slowly, and kept whispering to herself.

"It's okay, it was nothing. Sebastian would be sorry about it, and I would be sorry about it too. We would be perfectly fine and back to our normal terms. We won't ever do it again, and the next time I'll drink that much I'm going to shove a cactus up my ass-"

"Ew, that's Harsh."

She whirled around and shrieked as she saw Prince Sebastian standing behind her. Her eyes widened, and she started coughing so hard that Sebastian patted her back to get her to stop.

"I know I look smoking hot, Adela." He said dryly, "No need to choke on yourself."

She looked up and found him smirking at her. Why was he acting like nothing happened? Oh, she knew why. Maybe he just wanted to make it sound less awkward.

"What are you doing here?" She eyed him, "Were you following me?"

"Jesus, no." He laughed, "I was getting ready by myself today, and I can't seem to be able to button my top button."

Adela waited for him to say he was kidding, but he was dead serious. She shook her head at him.

"Are you serious?" She said, "Who on this entire shitty planet doesn't know how to button a shirt?"