chapter four!

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖑, 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

*   *   *

*   *   *

(  𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖆𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖊  )

After trespassing on private property, digging up half of a wolf's carcass and transforming it back into human, Scott and Stiles had the brilliant idea to call the police in.

They had turned up with Crime Scene Investigators and had Derek Hale cuffed in the back when Stiles slipped past the Deputies and slid into the front seat of the cruiser.

"Okay, just so you know, I'm not afraid of you. Okay, maybe I am. Doesn't matter. I just wanna know something. The girl you killed- she was a werewolf. She was a different kind, wasn't she? I mean, she could turn herself into an actual wolf, and I know Scott can't do that. Is that why you killed her?"

"Why are you so worried about me when it's your friend who's the problem? When he shifts on the field, what do you think they're gonna do. Just keep cheering him on? I can't stop him from playing, but you can. And, trust me- you want to." Derek spat back before Stiles was dragged out by his collar. His dad took him to the top of the burnt Hale house before releasing him.

"There. Stand. What the hell do you think you are doing?" Sheriff Stillinski hissed at his son, crossing his arms but honestly not that surprised that Stiles had pulled a stunt like that.

"I'm just trying to help!"

"Okay, well how 'bout you help me understand exactly how you came across this."

"Well, we're were looking for Scott's inhaler,"

"Which he dropped when?"

"The other night,"

"The other night when you were out here looking for the first half of the body?"

"Yes!" Stiles nodded, very fed up.

"The other night you told me you were alone and Scott was at home?"

"Yes-NO! Oh crap," Stiles had slipped up and they both knew it.

"So you lied to me?"

"Depends how you define lying?" Stiles tried to excuse.

"Well I define it as not telling the truth, how do you define it?"