Chapter 58: Merry merry go round.

Caden

I took a hanger off the rack, turned to Blayze and brought it close to his shoulder level just so I'd see how it could look like on him. He took one look down at the orange hoody and right back at me.

"Put it on." I urged but I could see the gradual reluctance in his eyes.

"Please." I pleaded with the best puppy-like expression I could portray. He opened his mouth to say something and I made even a sadder expression. In the end, he let out a sigh as he took the hanger from me and made his way into the room to change. Once I was sure he was gone, quickly, I returned to the same rack and took out a similar hoody but a smaller size than his and then hurried into the change room.

I know, this might seem silly of me but I was really loving every bit of it.

"Caden." I heard his call just as I was done changing.

"Cad..." I popped my head out alone, through the curtains just as he was about to call for me once more. He took notice of me and one look at him in the bright orange hoody, a wide smile drew on my face.

"You look even more handsome." I complimented the fact that he seemed brighter. He took one look down at himself and back up at me.

"Thank you. Now I'm going to take it off." He added before turning away.

"Wait." I was quick to take hold of his hand, thereby stepping out from behind the curtains. He took a look back at me and I could see the steady surprise in his eyes on seeing me in a similar hoody. Letting go of his hand, I took two steps backward so he could take a proper look at me.

"See, our outfit matches." I told him excitedly but I could see the slight amusement and cringe in his eyes. He was clearly not up for the idea.

Lightly, I tugged at his sleeve and as he looked at me, I gave him an assuring smile.

"You promised me your sole cooperation today." I reminded him of the fact that he had agreed to go on every possible cliché date idea I might suggest.

His stare down at me was a little undecipherable and yet he unexpectedly took hold of the hand I tugged at his sleeve with. Softly, he squeezed my hand in his as a simple and yet warm smile played on his face. I watched as left a soft kiss on the back of my hand.

I know we are officially together but sometimes, little gestures like the one he just did always seem to surprise me. Maybe because of the kind of person I've known him to be for the longest while now.

Regardless, I couldn't help but smile at him. His presence in my life was such a thrill and blessing.

I watched as he picked out two black baseball caps. He wore one on my head and the other on his. I smiled from ear to ear at him and he smiled back as he adjusted the cap on my head. Standing a little on my toes, I stretched up and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

Blayze

We walked hand in hand into the amusement park at Caden's suggestion and for a moment, we stood, watching and taking note of everything going on. It was nosier and busier than I'd expected. The last time I went to an amusement park was when I was still very young. The memory of it now seems hazy, fuzzy and buried deep down.

"Let's start with that." She stated as she pointed towards a direction, I followed a hand to behold the roller coaster ride. It didn't look much of a fun to me. Before I could utter a word to her, she began her steps towards it, dragging me along with her.

As she got the tickets, I took a look at the ride once more and the more I stared, it didn't seem much of a fun to me. I felt strangely nervous and it only got worse as we stood in line.