chapter thirteen!

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖑, 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

* * *

*   *   *

* * *

(  𝖑𝖚𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖈  )

Stiles was ecstatic when he left the men's locker rooms. "Dude, can you believe this? You're a captain. I'm first line. I'm first freaking line!" Stiles raved as they made their way out of the changing room, "Are you not freaking out? I'm freaking out."

"What's the point? It's just a stupid title. And I could practically smell the jealousy in there," stated Scott.

"Wait, you smell jealousy?" Stiles inquired, a plan forming in his head through his shock.

"Yeah, it's like the full moon's turned everything up to ten," Scott groaned.

"Can you pick up on stuff like, I don't know, desire?" Stiles asked, acting casually as he could, spotting Elle and Lydia down the hall.

"What do you mean desire?" he looked at his friend perplexed.

"Like sexual desire?" Stiles nodded.

"Sexual desire?"

"Yeah, sexual desire. Lust, passion, arousal," Stiles listed.

"From Elle?"

"What? No, in a general, broad sense, can you determine sexual desire?" Stiles questioned, going red.

"From Elle to you?" Scott persisted. Scott looked back and forth between his friend and the blonde, watching her walk away but Lydia staying to wait for someone.

"Fine, yes, from Elle to me. Look, I need to know if I have a chance with this girl, okay? I've been obsessing over her since the third freakin' grade. We've had a few moments since you became all Jacob Black and I need to know if it meant anything to her." ranted Stiles.

"Why don't you just ask her?"

"Well, to save myself utterly crushing humiliation. But Lydia will know. Thank you, Scott. Okay? So, please, can you just go up and ask Lydia if Elle likes me? See if Lydia's heartbeat rises and she's telling the truth or not?"

"Fine," Scott caved in, walking away from the Stilinkski boy towards the strawberry blonde.

"We-I love you. I love you. You're my best friend in the whole world!" Stiles shouted towards him, not knowing he'd soon regret asking him.